Thread: Your car is Phat!

Default Your car is Phat!

At the SCCA Test and Tune we were able to run a few Miati over the scales! Here is what we saw:
    • Mark52 '96 Base 2,135 lbs w/o driver *
      POS '92 "C" Package 2,193 lbs. w/o driver
      Stoltz '96 M 2,350 lbs. w/o driver
      General Default '99 Sport 2,267 lbs. w/o driver
      Altiain '99 Sport 2,311 lbs. w/o driver
      onething '01 LS 2,403 lbs. w/o driver
    *Don't ask what's in the trunk!

How much is the New Elise suppose to weigh again?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    How much is the New Elise suppose to weigh again?

Chris
    1950... Just sneaking under the 1 ton mark

After the weighing, I went home and weighed my race tires/wheels as well as the stock seats and race seats. So, in full race trim, CSP52 should weigh-in at 2,060. :o Of course that does not include the driver or that "stuff" in the trunk.

BigDmiata '97 Touring 2,150 lbs. w/o driver
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Default Re: Your car is Phat!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    General Default '99 Sport 2,267 lbs. w/o driver
    Altiain '99 Sport 2,311 lbs. w/o driver
    Also of note - while my car was 2311lbs, that was in street trim on "Empty". By comparison, General Default's car was 2267 in autox trim with a 1/4 tank of gas - no spare, floormat, etc. When we rolled his car across the scales in street trim, it was about 2294#, iirc. So it would appear that the additional weight of my roll bar is somewhat compensated by the lack of power steering.

I would have liked to have weighed John Baker's Sport, since it has no roll bar, power steering, or a/c.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I wanna get rid of my PS. I'm sure the big ol turbo weighs a lil more than that, which might offset the weight a bit.

On the Elise point, Lotus USA quotes:
    "Weight:
    757Kg* [1665 lbs]
    Unladen weight 806*
    [1773 lbs] (including full tank of fuel)"

Car and Driver quotes:
    "2005 LOTUS ELISE

Vehicle type: mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door roadster
    Estimated base price: $39,000
    Engine type: DOHC 16-valve inline-4, aluminum block and head, port fuel injection

Displacement: 110 cu in, 1796cc
    Power (SAE net): 190 bhp @ 7800 rpm
    Torque (SAE net): 133 lb-ft @ 6800 rpm
    Transmission: 6-speed manual
    Wheelbase: 90.6 in
    Length/width/height: 149.0/67.7/44.0 in
    Curb weight: 2000 lb"

Hmmmm. I'll believe Lotus until it actually hits the streets, or if someone has a better source.

But still 1700 would be 400 - 500 lbs under light M1's.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92
    I wanna get rid of my PS. I'm sure the big ol turbo weighs a lil more than that, which might offset the weight a bit.

On the Elise point, Lotus USA quotes:
    "Weight:
    757Kg* [1665 lbs]
    Unladen weight 806*
    [1773 lbs] (including full tank of fuel)"
    That would be under the section on Lotus USA's website entitled: Elise Specifications - (U.K.) - U.S. version will be slightly different. :P

Don't forget that the 111s that they've taken the specs for doesn't have ABS, a/c, power windows, the Toyota powerplant or 6-speed tranny, etc. All the indications I've seen say that the U.S.-spec Elise will be just under 2000 pounds.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw