Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA - Event #2 April 1, 2012 - TMS Bus Lot

Default TX Region SCCA - Event #2 April 1, 2012 - TMS Bus Lot

April is always a hoppin' month for autocrossers. Between tours, Pros and local club events there's a lot going on. You can get seat time every weekend, with some weekends offering both Saturday and Sunday competition. Here's a Sunday opportunity, and it's going to be a great one. Register online HERE.

Sign up before this Friday and you're automatically entered in a drawing to win Ken O's M3.

Approximate Event Schedule:

7:30am - 8:30am.... Registration & Tech Inspection Open

8:00am (approx)..... Course open for walking

8:45am (approx)..... Novice Walk Thru

9:15am (approx)..... Mandatory Drivers Meeting

9:30am (approx)..... 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers on course, First Car Out!
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

I'll be there.

Ken's M3 smells funny inside.

Here is the course. It is the one that we used late least year when we had all of the rain. It seemed like a fun course, so we'll try it again.

I better sign up to try and keep my car.

Why not grid where NTAXS does and use more surface for the course?

See if TMS will get the fire truck out and hose off the dust before this weekend.
    M3 is always the answer.

I'm in. Bleach and more bleach should fix the smell. Ken has two M3's which one do we get?

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Why not grid where NTAXS does and use more surface for the course?
    Safety, really. Remember that NTAXS and BMW send cars from grid to start in groups and they make all of their runs at once, whereas SCCA and ER send one car at a time for one run. So, each car would have to cross the street for each run they make. Crossing that street so many times creates the safety issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TxCoyote View Post
    I'm in. Bleach and more bleach should fix the smell. Ken has two M3's which one do we get?
    Winner's choice.

TX Region would like to give an extra special THANKS to Ken O for donating his car(s) to this cause.

(Rember this is a random drawing. It's possible that Ken O could win his own car, however not likely.)
    Last edited by Solo RX-7; 03-26-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Jon and I will be there. Still wondering why our two main local clubs have yet to do a single event this year at mineral wells knowing we have a national event coming up in 4 weeks. I guess they don't want our local contingent having any advantage over the "out-of-towners".

Heck, we could at least do mirror cross event there before hand. I understand we are all in this for the fun of it. But doesn't it make sense to plan purposefully?

PS I can all but gaurantee the clubs local to the AtM annex site where there before the national tour getting seat time and testing on the surface
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Still wondering why our two main local clubs have yet to do a single event this year at mineral wells knowing we have a national event coming up in 4 weeks.
    Feel free to attend the BMW event this Saturday or more importantly, the NTAXS event the Saturday before the Pro. I hear the course for the NTAXS event will include some of the elements that will be used in the Pro courses, albeit in different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo RX-7 View Post

Approximate Event Schedule:

9:30am (approx)..... 1st heat Drivers in Grid, 1st heat Workers on course, First Car Out!
    This is different that what's posted on the SCCA Texas Region site...I think that one still has the schedule from Pennington (10am first car out).

Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    Jon and I will be there. Still wondering why our two main local clubs have yet to do a single event this year at mineral wells knowing we have a national event coming up in 4 weeks. I guess they don't want our local contingent having any advantage over the "out-of-towners".

Heck, we could at least do mirror cross event there before hand. I understand we are all in this for the fun of it. But doesn't it make sense to plan purposefully?

PS I can all but gaurantee the clubs local to the AtM annex site where there before the national tour getting seat time and testing on the surface
    Yeah, because if last year's pro proved anything, it's that you need more practice...
    Mark Wortham
    SS #197 - 2004 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mwortham View Post
    Yeah, because if last year's pro proved anything, it's that you need more practice...
    Just skip Saturday again Jeremy, heck, make it real challenging and skip Sunday too!

Any idea on work/run order? Got a friend coming out for the first time and I want to be able to help him out...

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Any idea on work/run order? Got a friend coming out for the first time and I want to be able to help him out...
    This is the latest I've seen, but it's subject to change based on walk ups and how many pre-reg's don't show.

Run 1/Work 3:
    XP, AS, ASP, BM, CM, FS, FSAE, GP, SSP, SS, STF, STS, STU, STR, X

Run 2/Work 1:
    BS, BSP, CS, DS, DSP, EM, EP, F125, FP, FSP, SM, STC, T, W

Run 3/Work 2:
    AM, BP, CP, CSP, DM, DP, ES, ESP, FM, GS, HS, SMF, SSM, STX

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    This is different that what's posted on the SCCA Texas Region site...I think that one still has the schedule from Pennington (10am first car out).
    We try to keep a crisp schedule, but it's always best to be prepared for some flexibility. The 10:00 am start is indeed for Pennington Field due to the proximity of the residents nearby. We're going to be getting things rolling approx 30 minutes earler at TMS. Here's the official approximate schedule:

I am making a motion to rename the TMS Bus lot to the TMS dust lot.

Great course Jerrett, I just wish there was more grip out there.

It was great! Had to make some suspension and air pressure adjustments to deal with the surface, but it was all good. I am disappointed more people didn't join me at Chik-fil-A for dinner...those that showed up had a blast!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Huge turnout today and a fast, fun course! I enjoyed it.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I had a great time also. Congratulations to POS Racing for taking the win in ES today.

Someone ran over my air compressor in grid today...and stayed silent. With a little TLC, it is now fully functional again. It looks like but works fine.

And, I don't think I was able to park in the same grid spot twice today. Boy, people were moving all around.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Fun day. Miata course. I want new Hoosiers.
    M3 is always the answer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast