Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 spec miatas, trailer and truck stolen in Mesquite

Default 2 spec miatas, trailer and truck stolen in Mesquite

Last night from a secured yard. Looks like they used a wrecker to tear down the gate then drove the rig off. Had not been unloaded from last weekend.

2002 White Ford F350
    1987 32 foot encloded TAG trailer
    1995 Green Spec Miata/ITA-ATS Comp Lites with Toyos #45
    1999 Blue Spec Miata-ATS Comp Lites with Hoosiers #45

A ton of spares, tools, misc stuff.

I'm hoping most of it will turn up but if everyone could keep their eyes open for stuff on craigslist, etc. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Matt

Hate to see this, hopefully the bastards get what they deserve. Will definitely keep a look out, post some pics of the cars/truck/trailer if possible

wow. i cant belive this shit. keep my eyes open for sure. hope you get your stuff back man.

Show us pics so we know what color body parts we're looking for.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

That's shitty! Sorry to hear your losses, I will pay closer attention to craigslist from now on to see if something turns up. I spend a bit of time there every night anyway.

Well, I'm not quite sure how to post pictures. Looks like you have to have them online somehow first. I really don't have good pics of the cars. The 95 was BRG with the same color hardtop. The 99 was blue mica with the same hardtop.

Cops think they may have found the truck last night but no sign of the trailer/race cars.

Thanks

I'll give you photo posting rights within the hour (unless sammm beats me to it)
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Well the cops found both the truck and trailer about a mile away from each other near Ferguson Rd. and 635 in East Dallas. No sign of the cars however. These are the only two pictures I happen to have. Not very good but here they are anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's scary. I figured they were after the truck and trailer. I'll keep my eye out.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

2 down 2 to go, glad they found the truck and trailer I am sure the cars will show up soon. Will keep a look out on the internet

That's good because that means the cars didn't go far most likely. Will be looking on CL
    '94 Miata "M Edition" - sold
    '99 Miata w/td05

FOUND!

Yesterday afternoon the guy from the body shop next door spotted the culprit driving the blue 99 around in the Minyard parking lot at Oates and Gus Thomasson (what a dumbass!). I didn't find out about it until this morning but had the day off and decided to do some searching myself. I drove around the neighborhood behind the store. After about 30 minutes I spotted a car in a driveway covered with a tarp and another one behind it on an open trailer also covered up with a tarp. I saw just enough of one of the doors to see some decal lettering I recognized then immediately called the Mesquite PD. They're going to try and search the house to see if any of my other gear is in there but the bottom line that pretty much everything inside the cars was intact and back in my possesion. I'm going to have to come up with some more creative ways to secure my stuff.

Thanks all,

Matt

That's awesome to hear the cars are found and most likely all together.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Awesome Congrats! What a dumb ass the thief was. Driving a Spec Miata on the street isn't at all obvious!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Congrats....most thieves are dumb asses. Other than the stress this caused it sounds like it is working out a lot better than it could have.

I'm surprised you didn't take the law into your own hands a little before you called the PD..... happy to hear you found all the big stuff though! Thieves should die in a fire.

I hope some arrests are made. Congrats.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Congrats man. Your very lucky you found them before they were trashed. I hope the thief gets what he deserves

Please...post the address....so we can um....go see...ummm...yeah.

Can you say where so we can assemble an angry mob? :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

Glad you founds mostly everything Matt, I hope they get what they deserve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast