Thread: "supervisor" wanted for TB job, for lack of better terms lol

Default "supervisor" wanted for TB job, for lack of better terms lol

First of all, mods, I am uncertain if this thread is posted in the correct section, feel free to move/remove it if it isn't thanks.

Hello Gentlemen/Ladies, as topic stated I am attempting my first TB job after obtaining this car. The PO wasn't clear about the last TB service, and it turned over 120k miles a while ago anyway. I have every intention to do this on my own and have read up pretty much all the info available, however I've never attempted a TB change in other cars, not to mention this car has a SNC motor. So while confident that it is likely within my capabilities, I am also concerned about messing up something irreversible and kill my daily driver.

So as title stated..I am looking for someone with experience to watch over my shoulder and make sure everything is going right.I am not, however, asking someone to do the work for me- I am hoping to learn more about the mechanics of this car as I plan on keeping it for a long time to come, eventually retiring from daily driver status and become a weekend fun car but keeping it non the less. With that said, I will be doing most if not all the work myself, I just wish for your knowledge and wisdom to be present as to steer me away from trouble.(more or less like a coach I guess, but hopefully without the harshness, lol)

Of course I will try to make this worth your while. Beverage and food of your choice and whatever else you might want. Please let me know your convenience if you are interested in helping out. Thank you in advance & for reading this long ass, potentially none-sense making petition, lol!

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Where are you located? If you fill out your profile it would help answer questions like this.

If you are located in Woodbine, I will be happy to help.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Thanks for your offer! I am between Carrollton and Ft.worth. I will totally grab my crate of tools and go to any of your location if that's more convenient for you. If you prefer to come to me then it will be my parent's garage in Ft. worth, since I don't have one of my own.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Have you read this thread? http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=449733 There is lots of good information on the Pointy Board.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67