Thread: Fidanza flywheel

Default Fidanza flywheel

I unboxed my flywheel and clutch last night and now I've got a couple of questions.

1. Does the pilot bearing get installed in the center of the flywheel?
    2. If so then where would I get the correct pilot bearing? The one that came with the exedy clutch kit appears to be about 1/8" too small.

Yes it does and you need to press it in there. It helps if you put the bearing in the freezer and the flywheel in the oven. If you really don't think it will fit go to Mazda.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Here is a pic of the bearing sitting inside the center of the flywheel. Am I missing something here?

LINKIE

Hmmm ok I thought for some reason that it was to large. I would see if you can find the diameter of a stock bearing and see if it matches what you have. If so then they screwed up on the flywheel as it should be a VERY tight fit.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Have a pic of the whole flywheel? I've seen enough that I could figure out whether it is a Miata flywheel or not. Does the clutch surface match up to the replaceable face on the flywheel?
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Here are the pics of the front and back of the flywheel as well as one with the clutch disc sitting on the friction surface.
    CLICK ME AND DIE FOOL

The MFG part numbers from both the flywheel and the clutch disc/pressure plate appear correct. I am going to go to OReilly's tonight to verify that I have the right pilot and throwout bearing.

Just got back from OReilly and I can tell you that the correct Federal Mogul part number is 202-SS and the incorrect NTN part number is 872009.