Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday afternoon Turbo install.... any takers?

Default Saturday afternoon Turbo install.... any takers?

Well I rented a second garage at my apt, so that I can get my stuff out of storage in lubbock and put it in storage here.

BUT until I go get the stuff I have a spare garage to do the Greddy Install. I am driving back from SC on Friday night, so I was thinking about starting the Greddy Turbo install on the BRG on Saturday afternoon/evening....

Any takers to help out? I will provide beer & pizza for those who sojourn through dinner time.....

Chris

Well... since my Saturday evening is free, now... Sounds like great fun to me!!! I can't believe you're driving straight back, though... So many fun roads in that neck of the woods!
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Cool! This is exciting! I think MonsterM may be comming by as well!

Hey PM me your address and phone number. I may be able to drop by if my mother doesn't come into town and blow my Saturday
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Hey PM me your address and phone number. I may be able to drop by if my mother doesn't come into town and blow my Saturday
    Way OT, but... if you change a "y" to an "e" in your post (as my dyslexic brain did when I read it), it sounds really really bad...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Way OT, but...
    Nice....
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Not sure if I will be free, but why don't you PM me the info just in case.

Saturday tomorrow, I have to work. Saturday next week sure. Sorry. Id like to help.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

What time is this thang starting up? I'll come if possible. PM me your info!

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Way OT, but... if you change a "y" to an "e" in your post (as my dyslexic brain did when I read it), it sounds really really bad...
    Thats just Wrong
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

eew, too me a minuit to realize that one.....
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Back In Town! 14 hours on the road yesterday, that was a long trip, but my car is faster then it was.... mmmmmmm turbo......

Brant is really cool, a very nice fellow!

2pm is the starting time. I need to get some lights at home depot and some extra jackstands as mine are currently under the fiat.

I will PM directions...

I wont be offended if you bring extra tools...

So how did it go? I ended up in the garage installing gauges.

Indeed. How'd it go? (Damn, I'm bummed I missed it!)

Chuck

Threebean, Tailchaser and MonsterM made it out for the install and the lions share of it is done. Many Thanks to them for their help!

We started around 2ish and Threebean and Tailchaser left around 11pm.

I bunged up one of the instake studs, so if anyone has one off of a 1.6l, I can make a trip to come and see you.... faster then mazdamotorsports....

The only things left are the install of the stud in the intake, the routing of the turbo to afm pipe (i installed a blow off valve recirculation pipe at the wrong angle, so I am thinking about a custom intake and researching a little.), bov, and finding a home for the cruise control.

I think Tailchaser has some pics he might post....

Chris

Cool, I wish I could have made it out there, but my plans were foiled. I did however find some time to wash and wax the Miata :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast