Thread: FS: DA’LAN Trailer Hitch for 90-97 Miata

Default FS: DA’LAN Trailer Hitch for 90-97 Miata

I am selling my old DA’LAN trailer hitch, model 247262, for 1990-1997 Mazda Miata.

I bought it new in 2007 for $200.00 (shipped). I am selling it for $150.00.

It originally came with mounting bolts that used nuts with special tabs that would go inside the frame rail. I drilled my rails all the way through in order to facilitate easy installation and removal. I will be supplying the nuts, bolts, and washers for the all-the-way-through fitment.

I am only selling it because I picked up a hidden hitch. This one works fine.

Garage kept. No odd stains. Sold as is. Located in North Arlington, but I can arrange to meet you part way if needed. Will not ship. Cash only.

PM me or email me at jrj512 at dfwmx5 dot com.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrj512; 03-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Is It possible to have "odd stains" included?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

FYI, if the buyer doesn't want to use the "through bolts" but use shorter ones instead and only drill one hole per bolt, there's a TCB solution for those tabbed nuts. I simply Scotch-taped the nuts to a straw instead. Once they've started threading, pull off the straw and put a wrench on them.

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    FYI, if the buyer doesn't want to use the "through bolts" but use shorter ones instead and only drill one hole per bolt, there's a TCB solution for those tabbed nuts. I simply Scotch-taped the nuts to a straw instead. Once they've started threading, pull off the straw and put a wrench on them.
    Interesting. The holes for the single-hole method already exist, so no drilling required if you can get your hands on some Scotch tape and straws.

"Is that a brand new hitch?!?!"

Why no, it's not. However, I did throw a fresh coat of paint on the hitch and update the pic.

Will this improve my track times? Did you feel any "seat of the pants" difference in acceleration after installation? I'm of going FI down the road will this be compatible? Will you be my friend if I buy this from you?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    Will this improve my track times? Did you feel any "seat of the pants" difference in acceleration after installation? I'm of going FI down the road will this be compatible? Will you be my friend if I buy this from you?
    I found that the extra weight in the rear not only helped my launches, but it also provided downforce in turns. If by FI you mean an electric supercharger, then yes, you will need the hitch.

Bump.

Emailed
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Sale pending.

Sold!