Thread: Keller's, 6/27?

Driver

Default Keller's, 6/27?

anybody wanna have a greasy burger?

I sure do!
    JDSM, creating innovative products and ideas to increase your Miata's performance since 2014. GO ZOOM ZOOM!

I'm in!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

90 Turbo

I will try

Only 4 Miatas tonite. I remember having up to about 30 just a couple of years ago. Are we getting to old to be out on a week night??
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Nope. Just too old to be out in 100 degree temps.

It was actually quite pleasant last night... meow meow.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by motorollow View Post
    Only 4 Miatas tonite. I remember having up to about 30 just a couple of years ago. Are we getting to old to be out on a week night??
    Rick told me that turnout dwindled when I moved away. I am back in Plano. Should I make an appearance to try and recover the weekly meet?

BTW, I have no Miata.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

I haven't really found it to be as much fun since they quit using the back lot. It was fun to line up the Miatas and wander around back there. Trying to mix-in with the bikers and muscle car crowd feels more like a bar and less like a GTG.

I think you'd have a better turnout if you picked one week a month to promote several weeks in-advance. There are a lot of new members/owners on the board who've never experienced a really good Keller's night. A planned GTG with a couple weeks notice might reintroduce the magic.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I agree. Once a week meets generally give the impression of being very clique-y. Nobody likes to be the new guy in a tight group of friends, and meets that often give the impression that is a tight group. I know when I first moved here I was "worried" about that when I saw the weekly meets. Luckily everyone here is vey open to new people in person though. But still, walking into a large group that knows each other well is intimidating...having a less frequent gathering, to me, takes away most of thoughts of thinking you're going to be completely lost in every conversation.

And before what I said gets taken way wrong: I'm not saying to *only* have one meet a month or whatever. Just pick one meet/week each month to promote as the big one. For instance, say the 3rd Wednesday of every month is the "must-go" meet, while the other weeks are the usual weekly ordeal.
    Last edited by Rob®; 06-28-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob® View Post
    Just pick one meet/week each month to promote as the big one. For instance, say the 3rd Wednesday of every month is the "must-go" meet, while the other weeks are the usual weekly ordeal.
    Very good idea!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

This is starting to sound like a "why don't we have a west-side meet" thread... lulz.

If you plan it, they might come...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    This is starting to sound like a "why don't we have a west-side meet" thread... lulz.

Us westsider's only meet in 100 degree parking lots to race! Not to eat greasy burgers!

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post

It'll likely be forgotten once all the plans are made anyways.

If it wasn't for jdcanadian, trickyrix and nails the Kellers GTG would probably be a thing of the past. The westsiders that autocross do see each other pretty frequently during the season. I think also that a lot of us pretty much have our cars sorted out and are not looking for parts/info as much.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

I just got my Miata back from Stevan and its running better than ever. Got replacement JDM DOHC and a new radiator under the hood so I am ready to hang out with some other Miata lovers pronto! The once a month meet up sounds like a good idea to me. I'll go with whatever the seasoned forum members feel is best.