Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #6, July 29, 2012

Default Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #6, July 29, 2012

You are welcome to join us for Challenge Cup number 6 on July 29th at West Mesquite Memorial Stadium. More information is available on our website at www.autocross.com/er

Thanks,
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I will be there.

Don't scan that barcode. It's a naked pic of Andy!

Here is a direct link

Andy Cost

Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Here is a direct link

Photoshop software is really amazing these days.

Chassis Designer

Hopefully I'll be there! Need to buy a car first.

edit: have a car and registered!
    Last edited by Jwett9; 07-13-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Photoshop software is really amazing these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadtrash View Post
    Here is a direct link

Yep - those pants are definitely faked!

In.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I want to register for this but I need some classing help with my '97 Miata. This will be its first autocross (in my possession at least, but possibly ever). I think I'm in STR or CSP. Current mods:

15x7 wheels running 205 tires.
    Koni sport (yellow) single adjustable shocks with high rate (can't remember the numbers) springs and adjustable height coilovers.
    Front and rear sway bars with end links.
    Roll bar and door bars (courtesy of the great guys at TDR).

I think that puts me in STR, but I couldn't find how the door bars affect classing. Also, it seems like I will be in at least CSP once I have my Momo wheel installed (350mm) so it may not matter for long. Hopefully the door bars don't put me above CSP.

Thanks for the help!
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

I believe that the door bars will push you into D Prepared. Check with any other CSP drivers at the event, they may not have a problem with you in CSP.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

With more than 4 attachment points the roll bar with door bars is considered a roll cage, and it is legal for stock, ST, and SP classes as long as it is bolted in and not welded in.

If it is welded in it may be legal in CSP but not sure about that.
    Last edited by Robert; 07-19-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I have no problem with door bars in STR. I would love to see another NA in the fight.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Agree with conecerned - run in STR locally and we will have no problem with that. To me, a door bar is just a safety device anyway. The weight offsets the stiffness, imho. The replacement steering wheel is also not going to bother anyone locally.

I see its is a 97, but does it have a Torsen diff? If not, its basically an STS car with the same door bar caveat.

The rule of thumb is that if you are attending local events to have fun, we encourage you to sign-up in a class where you can have fun and there will be some competition, and small issues like the steering wheel or spoilers that don't affect the car's competitive advantage can often be disregarded if the other class drivers don't object.

If you get serious about the sport or you start dominating a class, it is in everyone's best interest to run in the
    "correct" class. Much like golf, a little rule bending is fine for the casual player, but only hurts a serious competitor.

If you are new to autox, plan to run in the Novice class where you will have other drivers to measure yourself against. If you have some experience, come on over to the "open" classes, either STS or STR.

If you do move to CSP and are not running on R-comp tires, we have a "Tire" class where you can compete against many other drivers from various classes, but all on street tires.

Also, every club has slightly different classing rules, so ask questions. All of the clubs will welcome you regardless, so don't be intimidated about showing-up with whatever you drive. I attended my first ER event in a bone stock Yaris, and they didn't laugh too hard. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by GroceryHauler View Post
    This will be its first autocross (in my possession at least, but possibly ever)

Since it's your first autocross, I suggest you sign up for the "Novice" sub-class as well.

I was just told the door bars are bolted in.

I'm pretty sure it has a Torsen.

Sorry I wasn't more clear. This will be the Miata's first autocross, not mine. However, novice class might be the confidence boost I need to start off the season right! (the car just became ready, otherwise I would have started the season much sooner!)
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

How much autocross have you done previously?
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    How much autocross have you done previously?
    Last year I was pretty active in the BMW and S2000 clubs with my silver 2009 Civic Si. Most of my attendance was at TMS. I wasn't very good, but I'm not exactly what you'd call a newbie either. How's the Mesquite site for this event?

Thanks guys for the help. Just registered under STR. I'll be sure to have tech confirm that's valid. See you all there.

Tech is a safety inspection. They do not class cars. It is up to the competitor to make sure they are legal for their class. It is up to competitors to protest an illegal car or driver. If you have competed in more than 10 autocrosses then you might consider running in open class. I would also suggest running in a class where your car is legal.
    Andy Cost

Hey, Andy. Will you have your sound meter set-up for this event? I'm trying out something to make my car a little quieter, and if you are measuring, it would be more definitive than ears.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast