Thread: Where to get body parts painted in Richardson/Plano/North Dallas?

Default Where to get body parts painted in Richardson/Plano/North Dallas?

I have a WRX, and I've always wanted an STi (the car! not the infection..), so I'm looking at buying the big wing and trunk from someone. I found someone local selling theirs, but it's white, and my car is blue, so I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place to have it painted, and how much it might cost? If it looks like it will be too expensive, I'll just keep looking for a blue one, but since I've never had body work or paint done before I have no idea what to expect.

I know GregW used to be with Maaco, but I think he's employed elsewhere now?

It all depends how much prep work needs to be done before painting. I guess it will be at least several hundred dollars. I know a very trust worthy guy at Wylie does very good work on my cars.
    Gabriel

Texas Body Works in Addison painted our XP car and gets all of my paint/hail repair business. Prices may not be the cheapest but the work is good to very good. Darrin the owner is a long time car guy and has done work for many scca folks over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    I guess it will be at least several hundred dollars.
    Hmm ouch. It sounds like I will just be keeping my eye out for one that's already the right color then, since that's more than the wing itself would cost.

Oh well, thanks, guys!

My paint guy in Midlothian is very good, and his prices will make it well worth the drive. Every job is different, but his two-stage work was cheaper than what Maaco charges for crappy single stage.He has his own paint booth and shop behind his house, so he can be very affordable on side jobs. He did my bumper, side skirts and front lip, if you've seen my NC in the last 6 months. He also did my Jeep flares, and they didn't even look salvageable, now they are better than they were new.

PM me if you want his contact info.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

+1 on texas body works, they will work with you as well. still going to be a few hundred i would figure just to prep and paint. coor's light helps but wont cover the full cost.
    95 r white