Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moving/garage sale this Sat 9/22, no reasonable offer refused!

Default Moving/garage sale this Sat 9/22, no reasonable offer refused!

Everything we can't take with or the wife is sick of will be in my front yard this Saturday. Virtually any cash offer will be accepted. Only a couple of things that we are firm on (Jeep top and doors, washer/dryer).

I have a lot of stuff, and a few cool musical instruments, amps, cabinets, mics, electronics, garage stuff, tools, toddler toys and clothes, kitchen stuff, etc.
    Moving sale, all items must go, All reasonable offers accepted, seriously!

Kitchen stuff,
    Tools
    Engine stand
    Engine hoist
    Misc Chevy parts
    Musical instruments
    Recording equipment and mics
    Clothing, shoes
    Jeep hardtop and full doors for YJ, black, will fit CJ too.
    Maytag Neptune washer and gas dryer
    Workbench
    Shelving
    Furniture
    Toys
    Professional laser printer w toner
    Vacuum cleaner
    High chair
    Toddler clothing
    Framed art, Ansel Adams prints
    Desks
    Books
    DVD
    Cd,s
    Electronics
    Car stereo stuff
    1947 Chevy pickup truck Project w/tons of new parts, motor, title

We will open the sale at 8am on Saturday, 9/22/2012. No Early Birds!! Cash or Paypal only. No checks, no exceptions. Sale is in front yard/porch of 208 Connie Drive, DeSoto, TX 75115

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

What musical instruments are you selling?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Not 100% sure what's in the closet, but there will be a violin, a trumpet, maybe a trombone, a couple of guitars, mandolin, and some amps and cabinets in various states of operation, along with cables, strings, parts, cases, and misc studio equipment (condenser mics, powered monitors).

KenO already got dibs on the skin flute.
    Polished Turd Racing

were you in a band or something?

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie84 View Post
    were you in a band or something?
    Or something.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Preview on Friday?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Not 100% sure what's in the closet, but there will be a violin, a trumpet, maybe a trombone, a couple of guitars, mandolin, and some amps and cabinets in various states of operation, along with cables, strings, parts, cases, and misc studio equipment (condenser mics, powered monitors).
    Geez, did you mug Lawrence Welk?

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You can see OZMDD in this vid playing the trombone that he has for sale!

some amps and cabinets in various states of operation,
    Anything small (fit if the front seat of a NB) and light?
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I think he hijacked a marching band bus.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I think he hijacked a marching band bus.
    He was telling me about that one time in band camp...

Will the toddler clothes fit a 60-lb lab-heeler mutt?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

What tools, chevy parts, electronics, and car stereo will be for sale?

Yes, preview can be arranged on Friday evening.
    Yes, I was in a number of bands over the last 20 years.
    DavidSS - I will need to make a list for you once the pile is complete. I'll get it to you Friday evening. Most of the chevy parts are for generic 350 V8, from the build we did on my brothers ScoutII conversion. Valve covers, intake mainfold, brackets, water pump, etc. Also some random parts from the 47 chevy truck build. I did find the oem stereo for the 92 Chevy if you want it(free). If not, I'll garage sale it.
    The car stereo stuff will be a couple of amps, a small subwoofer, various wiring, and a funky, unused HDD system that acts like an add-on cd changer with its own display and control. I think it can be stand-alone too. I bought it off zoot.com but never ended up installing.

I do have a small guitar amp I was not sure if I would sell, but probably will. It is a Fender Blues Junior that has had a tone mod (orange drop capacitors, knob reroute) done by Terry at Slemmons Music Service, the guru of tube amps in Dallas.

Also have a custom-modded Fender Telecaster, if someone is specifically interested. USA neck, hot pickups, etc.

USA Tobias Growler 4-string bass with ohsc, immaculate condition.

1962 Ampeg B-15 Portoflex flip-top bass amp, custom-modded with 1971 30W B-15S head installed on 62 cab (the good one). Original speaker, original tubes in amp. Refurbished and serviced by Slemmons also. Coolest amp I've ever owned.

Prices on the items listed above are not set, but pm me if you want to discuss them.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 09-20-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Most of the chevy parts are for generic 350 V8, from the truck I sold you.
    Fixed it.

A pic of the '47 Chevy truck?

More info on the 47 Chevy? How many Ansel Adams prints? How much for the Jeep top and doors? I have a neighbor that may be interested.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

3 Amstel Adams prints, jeep hardtop and doors are $1200,

47 truck is a rolling chassis, good sheet metal with a few dents and lots of patina, rust on floorboards and rear cab corners, a little original paint remaining. Interior has seat removed, frame is solid, wiring is intact, though very old. Almost all original it seems, though some parts may be period correct replacements, no major mods that I can spot. I have a good 54 235 pressure oiling motor with tranny ready to drop in, oem 216 Babbitt bearing motor is long gone. Original floor shifter 3speed is in the truck, have. Newer 3speed with the motor and a rear end with torque tube to match the newer motor tranny, oem err end is still on truck. Brake lines are shot and will need replacement. Basically, it's a project, but very complete. I have a bed full of new, reproduction and nos parts for the project, including lots of recharged original parts, a chrome replacement grill, etc.

Way too much to list, come check it out if really interested. I do have a vintage Texas title for it, which can be registered for a modern blue title. Pictures of stuff later tonight, when I take a break from packing.
    Polished Turd Racing

Also have a good RX8 rear driver side hub with rotor and ABS sensor. $40?
    Polished Turd Racing

A friend may be interested in the truck. How much you asking for it?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast