Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCA Time Trial/Autocross Weekend 9/8 and 9/9

I am not ready.

Does PCA allow passengers at the TT?

Quote Originally Posted by revs View Post
    Does PCA allow passengers at the TT?
    Only if the driver or passenger is an instructor.

Haven't run a TT in a year and forgotten how fun they are. Here is my best run.

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. Great weather too. Watching your video it interesting, I have to get on the throttle much earlier coming out of the corners with my miata power.

Watching my video from a year ago is depressing. I was busting my butt on Saturday and was 0.75 seconds slower. Wish I ran data.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Watching my video from a year ago is depressing. I was busting my butt on Saturday and was 0.75 seconds slower. Wish I ran data.
    How fresh are your tires compared to that video? If the tires were new for the video, but same ones last week-end, that could easily explain the difference. Did you have the wing on the car for the previous run in the video? If so, same angle on the wing? Maybe it is slowing you enough on the straights to make a difference?

BTW, you helped me without knowing it. I watched your inside line in the middle section (turn 4) and realized my outside line that I was using was the result of my previous 3 year old RS2 that wouldn't hold a tighter line. I knocked a little over a second off my time when I reverted back to the inside line again on the 1 year old Kumho XS tires. But I can tell these tires are not working as good as they did when new. Therefore my comment above about your tires, FWIW. BTW, liked the way your car looked on track with the picnic table in back.

Good event, enjoyed seeing all you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac Mitch View Post
    How fresh are your tires compared to that video? If the tires were new for the video, but same ones last week-end, that could easily explain the difference. Did you have the wing on the car for the previous run in the video? If so, same angle on the wing? Maybe it is slowing you enough on the straights to make a difference?

BTW, you helped me without knowing it. I watched your inside line in the middle section (turn 4) and realized my outside line that I was using was the result of my previous 3 year old RS2 that wouldn't hold a tighter line. I knocked a little over a second off my time when I reverted back to the inside line again on the 1 year old Kumho XS tires. But I can tell these tires are not working as good as they did when new. Therefore my comment above about your tires, FWIW. BTW, liked the way your car looked on track with the picnic table in back.

Good event, enjoyed seeing all you guys.
    I helped? I'm sorry.

The tires in my video were a different set of RS3s (replaced with set that I ran this weekend)... They were fairly new at that time. The tires from this past weekend started to show cords on Sunday (so they are also going to be gone now). Jerret kept telling me it was all in the tires (I just couldn't figure out what joke he was playing with me). The car was just a handful all weekend and was very difficult to keep on line. The car setup is a lot more dialed in than it was though. I am making more power (I know I was trapping >5mph faster at end of straight in morning), better alignment, better suspension setup, and a little less weight.

I also drove Jerret's car (with fresh tires) on Sunday and it was worlds different with grip.

I helped? I'm sorry.

The tires in my video were a different set of RS3s (replaced with set that I ran this weekend)... They were fairly new at that time. The tires from this past weekend started to show cords on Sunday (so they are also going to be gone now). Jerret kept telling me it was all in the tires (I just couldn't figure out what joke he was playing with me). The car was just a handful all weekend and was very difficult to keep on line. The car setup is a lot more dialed in than it was though. I am making more power (I know I was trapping >5mph faster at end of straight in morning), better alignment, better suspension setup, and a little less weight.

I also drove Jerret's car (with fresh tires) on Sunday and it was worlds different with grip.

Just you wait until we have the fun tires on. Now that will be grip.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Just you wait until we have the fun tires on. Now that will be grip.
    Yeah I wouldn't want to run them at MW though... $$$$$. Looking at alternatives for out there. Especially for TT.

Yeah I wouldn't want to run them at MW though... $$$$$. Looking at alternatives for out there. Especially for TT.
    There are at least 3 new tires that are going to be released before next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    There are at least 3 new tires that are going to be released before next season.
    275/15?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    275/15?
    I doubt that...

You talking about the direzza II?
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Wish I ran data.
    If you have an Android phone Track Master works pretty well with an external GPS receiver.
    I finally got mine working correctly this week end by putting the GPS receiver on the dash and turning off the internal GPS and location by WiFi.
    The app is around $10, the 10mhz GPS receiver is around $75.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Maybe it was your full out drift through turn 1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12