Thread: Group buy (sort of) on fasteners from Mazda

Default Group buy (sort of) on fasteners from Mazda

I'm about to contact Mazda Motorsports and order a bunch of the push-clip fasteners that are used to hold all the various plastic underbody and fender liner parts on the NC's. Not sure if they also use the same ones for NB's, but it seems they are overpriced and in short supply at dealers.

I figure I'm just going to put in a bulk order and then interested parties can buy a handful to keep for future use. If you autox an NC, especially if you have rolled fenders, you WILL be losing these from time to time; just as webspoke. :)

Post here or pm me to let me know if you have a quantity you'd like to request. They are around $1.50 each wholesale, and Mazda has a minimum shipping charge of $10, so it makes them under $2/each if I order 50 or so.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Count me in for at least 10, heck make that 20 (there must be 10 in each front wheel well)

Are they the same as on the rx8? I need some for the trunk carpet(20ish but not really important), the same area as you guys (10ish), and to hold the exhaust shrouds(2-4).

I'm pretty sure they're the same on the RX-8.

Mike, put me down for 20. I think I owe you and Stan a few already...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

In for 10.

Quote Originally Posted by J8635621 View Post
    Are they the same as on the rx8? I need some for the trunk carpet(20ish but not really important), the same area as you guys (10ish), and to hold the exhaust shrouds(2-4).
    If they are the same as the NC's the clips in the trunk may be the smaller versions of the ones that they use on the outside for the fender liner and etc.

Yea I think the big outside ones would be fine for most of what I want. The trunk carpet ones are smaller if I remember right.

Little late to notice this but thought I'd chime in. I need some awhile back and O'Reilly's sells this assortment pack of which you buy a bunch of fasteners you don't want to get the one you do. I went down the street to Westlake Hardware (local Ace store) and they had a huge variety of these kind of fasteners, all shapes and sizes including what I needed. They were dirt cheap too, maybe .25 or .30 each. YMMV, but worth checking out.

What ever became of this? I'd still be interested in both interior and exterior clips; at least twenty.

I ended up getting a smaller order for myself. If you need some, get me specific part #'s and I'll let you know the next time I place an order.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Also, check out the used parts dealers, Treasure Coast, Planet Miata, The Parts Group. They have the clips for the same or less and won't "clip" you on the shipping.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

I have the number of a local clip guy that stocks tons of clips and he sells in bulk to body shops. Much cheaper than oem
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

If you want the group buy and want some bulk clips call...

Sam at Nor Tex Distributors
    Clips, rivets, bolts, misc.
    817-925-1842

Tell him that Greg formerly of Maaco Hulen sent you. He knows me and can hook you up.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Thanks ya'll.