Thread: You poor bastids in Flower Mound...

Default You poor bastids in Flower Mound...

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Link doesnt work.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I always thought that was weird, nice to have some validation.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M View Post
    Link doesnt work.
    Works for me.

If the speed limit changes four times in two miles and police cars can barely be seen lurking behind bridges and oversize shrubs, the writing is on the wall: You're in a speed trap.

According to a new list compiled by the National Motorists Association, a drivers-rights advocacy organization, the worst speed traps in North America are in a suburb of Dallas, a small city in Michigan and a town in Ontario, Canada.

The NMA's official definition of a speed trap is a spot that "combine[s] arbitrarily low speed limits with heavy traffic enforcement designed to generate ticket revenue."

Flower Mound, Texas; Livonia, Mich.; and Windsor, Ontario, were the three worst offenders by the NMA's criteria. But special recognition also went to Detroit, where 187 speed traps are reported in towns surrounding Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

Overall, Ontario and Nova Scotia, Canada, scored highest in the speed-trap rankings, which were compiled by analyzing five years' worth of data on the NMA's National Speed Trap Exchange, a website where drivers post speed-trap information. The District of Columbia, South Carolina, Michigan, Iowa and Tennessee were the worst in the U.S. The states with the fewest speed traps were Rhode Island, Minnesota and New Hampshire.

The website Trapster.com came out with a list earlier this summer of the big cities in the U.S. with the worst speed-trap problems. New York City, Los Angeles, Houston, Las Vegas and Washington, D.C., topped the charts. Copious red-light cameras and eager traffic cops in New York are the reason for its high ranking.

To help drivers avoid falling into any of these traps, Trapster.com has an interactive map on both its website and its mobile-phone application that shows the hot spots throughout the country.

[Sources: National Motorists Association, Gasbuddy.com,Trapster.com]

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Nice. I just rode through there yesterday
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

They might as well install toll booths. Over on the eastside in the Land of Gar, they have figured out they can pick off speeders on George Bush with a motorcycle cop. People not only get to pay the toll to NTTA, but also contribute to the City of Garland coffers. The tollroad is already heavily patroled by the State highway patrol, what's next the sheriff's dept?? How many government agencies do we need patroling one road?

(FYI - I have never received a ticket on George Bush).
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

Yes, we have to pay for the roads built so all the Highland Village residents can get to/from work. A way for them to pay their fair share.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

No wonder I've seen so nanny officers around firewheel during rush hour
    Last edited by ozzie84; 09-03-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    silver 91 miata - no mas
    gold 91 miata w/ hardtop - no mas
    99 emerald green mica miata - just found!

I worked in Flower Mound three years and never got pulled over and sped most of the time...this must be new

Dont get me started on Tollroads
    99 Miata Black

Crime rate must be low and therefore the cops have nothing to do. The thing is their sped traps are a joke if you have a radar detector. Every speed trap I've seen in FM the cop has the KA locked on and they really don't take much effort to hide from plain sight - or pick new spots. Not to mention they drive around with their radar on all the time, so incase you don't have a detector or some clue you should be safe in FM.
    2000 Miata LS - TEIN FLEX, RB header & Exhaust, Monster CAI, HDHC single diagonal with door bars.