Thread: PCA Time Trial MSR 10/14

Default PCA Time Trial MSR 10/14

I am trying to figure out how the TT's are run at MSR, does anyone know the breakdown of sessions, schedule for the day, etc?
    92 Piss Yellow:1.6L GT2560 @ 11psi 196rwhp 700/450 Koni Race
    Ex NASA TTB #13
    NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge #013

They run them the same as their TTs in Mineral Wells. That is, you get about 30 minutes of half-speed practice in the morning. They will divide everyone into two groups where one group drives first and one group works first. They send out three or four cars at a time to do one warm-up lap followed by three hot, timed laps. Then you get another set of three. Then they switch workers and do the same. After lunch, it gets repeated again. If time is short, they will only do a single set of four hot laps in the PM. So, you will get 10-12 timed laps.

You need to arrive pretty early, like 7ish. I remember it being dark last year when I was cleaning out my car.

They are a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You need to arrive pretty early, like 7ish. I remember it being dark last year when I was cleaning out my car.
    Dumping a body?

They run them the same as their TTs in Mineral Wells. That is, you get about 30 minutes of half-speed practice in the morning. They will divide everyone into two groups where one group drives first and one group works first. They send out three or four cars at a time to do one warm-up lap followed by three hot, timed laps. Then you get another set of three. Then they switch workers and do the same. After lunch, it gets repeated again. If time is short, they will only do a single set of four hot laps in the PM. So, you will get 10-12 timed laps.

They are a good time.
    Awesome, I am guessing they use transponders for timing?
    Any idea on the reg cap?
    92 Piss Yellow:1.6L GT2560 @ 11psi 196rwhp 700/450 Koni Race
    Ex NASA TTB #13
    NASA Camaro Mustang Challenge #013

These are great events. Good opportunity to experience MSR. I will miss it this year due to vacation. I will be driving the road to Hanna.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Awesome, I am guessing they use transponders for timing?
    Any idea on the reg cap?
    They use their normal timing lights.

Not sure of the cap amount.

I'm already registered. Can't wait!
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Driver

So what are the rules with a convertible with PCA? I know I can't pass the broomstick test with my rollbar... And I don't have my hardtop anymore so can I still run this? I'd love to get at least a few TT at MSR this year...

I can run with top down and no rollbar at their MW TTs. I think I have to put my top up at MSR.

There is a TT at MW on Saturday. I would be a good idea to sign up and get a taste of the event. Go to www.clubregistration.net.

I think it's top up or arm restraints.
    SOLD: 91 Mazda Miata "Grand Sport" - FM V-Maxx coilovers, FM sways, Hard Dog roll bar, stock 1.6L running strong, 15" Star Specs, 96 Grand Sport paint
    - 85 GMC S15 Jimmy "the Tyclone" - LT1 350ci V8, AWD, Typhoon interior, 18" C5 wheels, 96 Grand Sport paint

Driver

Where can I sign up for this at? Or are they full already
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsrturbo View Post
    Where can I sign up for this at? Or are they full already?
    www.clubregistration.net

They are past their limit. I do not know how they handle the overage.

www.clubregistration.net

They are past their limit. I do not know how they handle the overage.
    It's tiered and not based on when you registered. People who are members and normally run TTs get in first. Then people who are members. Then people who normally run TTs. Then everyone else.

Looks like they are confirming people now.

Confirmed