Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Equipe Rapide Challenge Cup #8 October 28, 2012

Jack Junkies has donated a gift certificate good for 2 Hours on ANY lift (even the big 4 post) at their shop! We will draw from the Rapid Pax entrants during the award ceremony immediately following the event. You need not be fast to win, and maybe you will be after you spend two hours putting go-fast bits on your ride!

www.jackjunkies.com

Last edited by OZMDD; 10-27-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Big thanks to Greg Piper, Lostlorin and Robert for setting-up and tweaking the course this morning. I wasn't able to get there early after being sick most of the night, so those guys really stepped-up and did a terrific job of laying out a very fun to drive course.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Best course ever at Dallas Raceway. Fast, Furious and fun, the three FFF's. Great design OZMDD, I heard not complaint one about it from anyone and I have never heard (or not heard) that before. Great weather after the chilly morning and I had fun battling with John Wilson for 2nd in STR. That was the most fun I had at Dallas Raceway and made it worth the 1.5 hour schlep from Denton. Even Senna had a good time making friends and humping legs.

Who let the dogs out...

But anyways, great day at Crandall. I enjoyed setting up the course and seeing all the little tweaks to make it safer and more challenging. In the end, it wasn't super technical but I think the speed made up for it. I was definitely on the rev limiter in 2nd at the end of the straight bits. And I got to use my announcing chops for last heat (you're welcome Aaron ).

And just to think...we are halfway through 4 straight weekends of autocross awesomeness!!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Last edited by nomadtrash; 10-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

I had a blast driving yesterday, that was a fun course especially getting the 2 extra runs.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Awesome course. One of the best I've raced in my limited time doing this. It was fast and challenging, but not painfully so. Sadly, my RS3's were dead coming in, but I still had a blast. I'm not sure why my last rpax run wasn't listed; a moot point since I nailed the cone wall anyway, I'm just curious. I was #5NSTU - blue Evo - if anyone remembers that.

I'm sure Aaron remembers that.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I had fun picking up your lower front bumper
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

^Ha! Thanks for setting it aside for me. I hit that cone hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Hmm, no one mentioned a rerun to me (which I would have loved, heh), so I just went back to the paddock.

Great driver's course!!! My car enjoyed it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by WORD View Post
    Awesome course.... I'm not sure why my last rpax run wasn't listed; a moot point since I nailed the cone wall anyway, I'm just curious. I was #5NSTU - blue Evo - if anyone remembers that.
    Glad you liked the course as most of us, if not all, will concur - great job OZMDD and friends! Your lost lap time may be due to a problem we had with cable connections - one of my runs was lost too. We will try to rectify this. When trailer skins shred strange things will happen! Hope to see you at the next event.

I stopped by Jack Junkies today since it's ten feet from home. It's really a first-class facility that I plan to do my exhaust at which will shave 5 seconds off my times. Be sure to patronize them if you plan to do any serious work, esp undercar type.
    "Dammit, H. I. - the sun don't rise and set on the corner grocer." - Gale Smolts

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    All I remember is how floppy my tires were.

Joking aside though we were definitely having timing issues for the first heat group B. But I think we got reruns for all who needed them. Not sure what happened for R pax since I left after my second heat runs to go to work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234