Thread: Garage door opener

Default Garage door opener

So, I'm trying to program the homelink remote in the new car to no avail Apparently, you need a regular opener clicker, not the mini keychain one I have to program it. Does anyone have a large remote they will let me borrow and or swap for my keychain unit? I really don't want to have to buy a remote just to program the homelink in the car.... It's a craftsman unit Model # 41A4315-7D

I believe this is what I need
    http://www.northshorecommercialdoor....-control-.html

I have one of these
    http://www.northshorecommercialdoor....8keungare.html

Using my parent's big remote for their garage, my homelink will program. Unfortunantly, their remote isn't compatable with my opener... grrr.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe the craftsman have specific openers that are color coded.
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

The small remote will not transfer the code to the Homelink unit?
    M3 is always the answer.

The billion code 81 lm is what I need. After googling, apparently the keychain remotes don't program homelink units most of the time. Explains why I spent 2 hours dicking with it with no luck, but then my parents large remote programmed instantly. When I tried one of their keychain ones, they wouldn't program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On my wife's, I had to train the car with the remote, then train the opener, using the orange button on the side, with the car. The procedure was outlined in the cars Owner's Manual (you know the thick book in the glove box).
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Quote Originally Posted by EricJ View Post
    On my wife's, I had to train the car with the remote, then train the opener, using the orange button on the side, with the car. The procedure was outlined in the cars Owner's Manual (you know the thick book in the glove box).

Really????
    I would never have thought to read the instructions, that would have been too simple.

Maybe I will elaborate-- I have dicked with this for over 2 hours. I read the instructions, even tried the canadian instructions. I googled my problem and came to the conclussion that my mini universal remote probably wouldn't work, but not wanting to give up I called Homelink directly and talked to them, only to be told my keychain universal remote may operate my door but that it won't program my homelink mirror.

But maybe you are right, I should follow the procedure described in the thick book in the glove box.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You just don't want it bad enough.
    M3 is always the answer.

simplest solution is to buy a new house and car that are compatible. C'mon man, how obvious does it need to be??
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Mike, I think you hit it on the head? Want to sell me your new home? We are just a mile or two apart...... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2 hours?..............geez, you could have bought a remote to use and been ahead on this deal, unless you make like $7.50 an hour.

Ehh, my time at night is "free"

Called and spoke with Homelink again today. Then went out and bought the universal remote that Homelink suggested when I called--
    It programs my mirror great, however, it doesn't work on the door.... Back to home depot I go with this remote, and off to sears to buy the one specifically for my opener. hopefully the buttons are accessible on it as they were on the home depot unit, so i can program without opening the package....

so f'ing frustrated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Buy, program it, return it.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post
    Mike, I think you hit it on the head? Want to sell me your new home? We are just a mile or two apart...... lol
    My garage has barn doors and a troll that opens the door when I honk the proper sequence. I beleive John Garcia is available...
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by sxk122 View Post

Really????
    I would never have thought to read the instructions, that would have been too simple.
    Sorry, occupational joke. I'm a computer programmer where SOP is try everything you can, then read the manual.
    '99 Emerald Green - 2015 NASA Texas TTE Season Champion (showing up is really 100% of it)

Sorry, i was a bit strung. Didn't find it funny at the time.... you can see why.

Bought Craftsman clicker, operates door and programed the Homelink in under 2 minutes. Wished there had been a bit better documentation about what did/ didn't work..... now back to sears to return this opener..... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]