Thread: HELP Lincoln Town car, how to find original combo lock code.

Default HELP Lincoln Town car, how to find original combo lock code.

Long story short.

Dad's dead, Mom's driving Dads car, battery dies, now the door combination doesn't work to the code Dad had set it to, now Mom's locked both sets of keys in the car. How does she figure out what the default code is?

Mom's an hour plus away from me I've told her to call a locksmith or a tow truck if she has to get in the car tonight. If not, then I told her to call the dealer in the morning.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Or call Ford with the VIN. Worth a shot.

S.

Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

S.
    With today's climate of high security and the scrutiny of just having a extra key made at the dealer, I highly doubt they would give him a generic unlock code for the car.

But I've been wrong before...

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Quote Originally Posted by srivendel

S.
    With today's climate of high security and the scrutiny of just having a extra key made at the dealer, I highly doubt they would give him a generic unlock code for the car.

But I've been wrong before...
    I think once you change it you can't use the default number any more. Let me run out to my Expedition and see if there is anything about how to change it back..... Now what's my code 4-7-2-3-1.

OK here is what it says, you get a factory code on is in the owners wallet (owners manual) on a business card sized card, they also mention you can get it from your dealer. Then there is a long and drawn out procedure for setting you own code. (I still use the factory code. )

There is no mention that you code goes away if the battery dies. Hope this was of some help.

Thanks for the reply's. I've convinced her to call the dealer in the AM.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Most Fords have it under the driver seat... which does you absolutely no good, so I'll shut up now.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton