Thread: Houston SCCA AX 1/6/13

Default Houston SCCA AX 1/6/13

If I cannot wait until Jimmy-cross frozen balls 2013. I might make a trip to Houston on 1/6/12.
    http://www.houscca.com/solo/index.php
    Round trip in one day or overnight on Saturday?
    M3 is always the answer.

No tires, even if I wanted to go.

I'm down for it. Got plenty of tire if someone needs a codrive.

I'm thinking overnight. That's a mighty long haul for sunday morning. Actually, the Runoff event on Sat looks like it'd be worth making a weekend out of it.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Isn't there an practice event there on Saturday as well?

Yes, practice AM, then a single run qualifier to join the class champs of 2012 in a pax-based Challenge type elimination event.
    Polished Turd Racing

Yeah I think I may do both days. Let me know if you want to split a hotel. I am going to post on their forum to try and see who is doing the course.

I'm selling some 195/50-15 R1Rs that are shaved ready to go...come run the event.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    No tires, even if I wanted to go.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX
    92 Miata SE; 08 Mazda 3s; 12 Mazdaspeed 3

DETAILS on the event below...

I hope we get some out of towners in for the runoff...this is our big year end event and the more competition the better :) since it's technically a 2012 runoff we use the 2012 pax saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Yes, practice AM, then a single run qualifier to join the class champs of 2012 in a pax-based Challenge type elimination event.
    January Practice Event/Championship Runoffs

Format

There will be a three to four hour practice on the runoffs course followed by a one hour break for lunch. During this practice, fine tuning to the course will occur with the intention of running the course both for the runoffs and in the reverse direction for the Sunday Solo event. The last hour of practice will be used for qualification for the runoffs. Each driver that wants to enter the runoffs will be allowed one run for qualification purposes. More runs will be allowed if time permits, but only the first run will count for qualification purposes. The top 50% of the qualification runs will go into the runoffs. There will be an option to increase this number to help get 32 drivers into the runoffs (if needed).

The runoffs will consist of all class champions that have qualified for an end of year award and the additional qualifiers from the morning practice.

The runoffs format will be different from last year in only one way. We will not have practice runs because we will have had them in the morning. Eliminations will start immediately. Everyone will get one run with half of the drivers dropped from the PAX results, continuing until there are four drivers left. The display will then be turned off for the final four drivers to have one last run. We will then bring in all of the drivers and workers and award the trophy.

Schedule

Set up 7:00 to 8:30
    Registration 7:00 to 8:15
    Tech 7:00 to 8:15
    Drivers meeting: The drivers meeting will be a printed hand out to save time. It will be available prior to the event after Jan’s approval, and will be handed out at registration.
    First car out 8:45
    Practice and course adjustment 8:45 – 10:00 AM Group 1 / 10:15 – 11:30 Group 2
    Qualifying runs 11:45 – completion (approximately 12:30) Note: The Class Champions and other volunteers will work the course at this time.
    One Hour Lunch break: 12:30 – 1:30

Runoffs 1:45 to approximately 3:00 Note: the course will be staffed by volunteers that will receive a discount on their entry.

Entry Fees

Class Champions will get an entry at no charge
    Practice entry will be $30.00
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Any idea when the course map will be out? I would like to see it before I commit.

i got a couple copies I'm putting in my google docs section. Our webmaster is unreliable and slow to do things when asked.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Thanks a lot for posting those. I am signed up.

Turns out only local region members are elligible for the runoff...so we've got something worked out for David (and Kim) if they come down.
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

I will not make it.
    M3 is always the answer.

booooo why???
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by miata_racer View Post
    booooo why???
    See post #14.

Too bad, I was "in" for the runoff too.
    Polished Turd Racing

Spoke with David H today, and it looks like they will offer a nice deal for out-of-town folks who want to come get some good practice time, but the Runoff
    Trophy is intended to stay "local" to Houston, so we can't actually compete for anything on Sat. If enough of us are interested, they might let us have our own consolation bracket.
    Polished Turd Racing

I'm giving in...can't wait until march. I'll be driving down tomorrow morning. If anyone has a seat open I'll play tire warmer. Otherwise it'll be more punishment for my DD V12's...

cool...see ya tomorrow...rainy cold day meant I could take FTD in the STF Mini :)
    David Hedderick
    Houston, TX