Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: NTAXS Winter Autocross, 1/26/2013, Dallas Raceway

I almost forgot to ask if anyone has the shoulder bag and air tank that I left in the parking lot. The air tank is red, and the shoulder bag is navy blue. The bag contains some white car numbers, a rain suit, the wind screen from my S2000, and a box of Trojan Ribbed Ultra-Lubricated Rough Riders (Extra Large).

Quote Originally Posted by Gernby View Post
    I almost forgot to ask if anyone has the shoulder bag and air tank that I left in the parking lot. The air tank is red, and the shoulder bag is navy blue. The bag contains some white car numbers, a rain suit, the wind screen from my S2000, and a box of Trojan Ribbed Ultra-Lubricated Rough Riders (Extra Large).
    Yes, I have them.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Yes, I have them.
    Oh great! Those extra larges are really hard to find!

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post

P.S. If you didn't see a photo of your car and you want one, just post your number and I'll see if I have anything.
    #91 Red Volkswagen GTI? Other pics look good.

Fun event. It's always a good time when I make my periodic trips out to a NTAXS event.
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Congrats to slowchildmiata for getting FTD. Enjoy your addiction to the purple crack!
    Sorry... Too busy snorting lines of tire dust.

I'm just happy the car made it through the day.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    I like the Pro and ProR idea. Folks can always do their own pax math, but I'd like to run head to head with the other hardcore drivers. Also, spreading out the drivers in more classes makes heat balancing easier.
    I like this idea as well. I would definitely be interested in a Pro/ProR pair of classes.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Here are three more I found:

IMG_1145 by Michael Schaefer, on Flickr

IMG_0942 by Michael Schaefer, on Flickr

IMG_0939 by Michael Schaefer, on Flickr
    Thanks for posting!

STR is one if the SCCA's Street Touring classes it happens to be where the NB, NC, and S2000 are classed, and it's a very popular class. Several of the cars out yesterday were STR cars, including mine.

X Pro is a sub class you find at several other local events (SCCA and Equipped Rapide) that allows "pros" to run heads up against each other. At SCCA and ER those cars are indexed against one another using a modifier (PAX index). What we're discussing is having a pair of heads up Pro classes at future NTAXS events to let the local STR and similar cars run against each other. We might even let Ken join, if he brings cookies.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Thanks for posting!
    X Pro is a sub class you find at several other local events (SCCA and Equipped Rapide) that allows "pros" to run heads up against each other. At SCCA and ER those cars are indexed against one another using a modifier (PAX index). What we're discussing is having a pair of heads up Pro classes at future NTAXS events to let the local STR and similar cars run against each other. We might even let Ken join, if he brings cookies.
    Ahh, gotcha. Yeah, I'm no where near ready for that class. But I'll be rooting for you guys. :)

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by cleave View Post
    #91 Red Volkswagen GTI? Other pics look good.

Fun event. It's always a good time when I make my periodic trips out to a NTAXS event.
    Here's the only one I've got. I took this picture while you were parked in the paddock because I wanted to remember your number when the results came out. I had a personal goal to try and beat your times. I was unsuccessful, lol. Nice job.

IMG_1158 by Michael Schaefer, on Flickr

Michael

Here's the only one I've got. I took this picture while you were parked in the paddock because I wanted to remember your number when the results came out. I had a personal goal to try and beat your times. I was unsuccessful, lol. Nice job.
    Thanks! Good 'nuff. I haven't taken any pics other than with my phone at night when I bought it.

And, you did beat me in the morning course!
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

Here's the only one I've got. I took this picture...
    I see you copyright your images. Can I use this for facebook, avatars, selling prints to make millions, etc?
    2013 Red Volkswagen GTI
    ex Miata owner

strathound

I see you copyright your images. Can I use this for facebook, avatars, selling prints to make millions, etc?
    They should be set as public on Flickr. I went ahead and logged out of Flickr to try to see what you are seeing. And there was no option to download on the first page you go to to view the picture on Flickr. However, on Flickr, when I clicked the Actions drop down, there is an option for "View All Sizes." Click that. Then on the next page, you will see an option to:

Download the Large 1024 size of this photo

Hopefully that will let you download the file. Until I get better at taking these shots, I'm sharing all of my photos without a copyright. Feel free to use them however you want. At some point, I hope to be good enough to have a gallery of my photos in which case I'll probably watermark them. But they will be free to use by the driver of the car as far as I'm concerned. You're the talent, I'm just converting light rays to pixels. :)

MS
    Last edited by strathound; 01-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.

strathound

And, you did beat me in the morning course!
    Yeah, I saw that. And I came out in the afternoon with the intent of putting the hammer down and increasing my lead. Instead, I learned a valuable lesson about walking the course and learning the course before trying to go fast.

I personally found the afternoon course way more challenging than the morning course. In the morning, we had several increasing radius turns that allowed me some margin for error as I was powering on. In reverse, many of those were just the opposite, deceasing radius turns. My nemesis in the afternoon was the big 180 after the slalom course. For some reason, I could not remember that there was a chicane after the exit of that turn. So I would power on too early and then have to lock it up at the chicane. Once, this caused me to spin out of control and stall the car, coming in with a horrible 74. I could not get in a rhythm in the afternoon, and I lost in the combined times.

Still, what a blast. I think totally stock, our two cars are a pretty even match. I enjoyed the competition. Look forward to doing it again.

MS

Yeah, I saw that. And I came out in the afternoon with the intent of putting the hammer down and increasing my lead. Instead, I learned a valuable lesson about walking the course and learning the course before trying to go fast.

I personally found the afternoon course way more challenging than the morning course. In the morning, we had several increasing radius turns that allowed me some margin for error as I was powering on. In reverse, many of those were just the opposite, deceasing radius turns. My nemesis in the afternoon was the big 180 after the slalom course. For some reason, I could not remember that there was a chicane after the exit of that turn. So I would power on too early and then have to lock it up at the chicane. Once, this caused me to spin out of control and stall the car, coming in with a horrible 74. I could not get in a rhythm in the afternoon, and I lost in the combined times.

Still, what a blast. I think totally stock, our two cars are a pretty even match. I enjoyed the competition. Look forward to doing it again.

MS
    Looking ahead would help quite a lot in the section after the slalom/180 in the PM course.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Looking ahead would help quite a lot in the section after the slalom/180 in the PM course.
    Yeah, for some reason on that corner exit, I was definitely having some tunnel vision or was seeing what I wanted to see on the course. The cones started to blur together. Basically, it felt like I should be getting on the gas but I was looking past that one friggin' cone towards the next 180, wanting to get my speed up before the next big turn. At the last second, I would see that cone and curse and slam the brakes and try to heave the car back to the left to make the turn. It was never pretty. The only time I didn't do that was the last run when I forced myself to remember that cone. But then I drove way too conservatively and lost a lot of time. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    Morning:
    For comparison. You can see the differences if you start the videos at just the right time. Kind of interesting to see where each of us lost and gained time to each other. Looks like I screwed up the last 1/4 of the course, Nathan beat me out of the last 180 sweeper to the first slalom cone. I think we were .4 apart in the AM.

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 01-28-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

My best PM Run, #3. No AM runs; had the gopro in the photo mode. Duh...

Edit - after watching this, I almost want to delete it. Sooooo many places where I am late on the gas or pinching off turns with bad entry placement. Yuck.
    Last edited by OZMDD; 01-28-2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910