Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NTAXS Winter Autocross, 1/26/2013, Dallas Raceway

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    just search "gay rainbow car" and any thread that involves a broken turbo miata.
    Jerk... It was supercharged not turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    What about the oil filter? Will this event have extra fire extinguishers?
    I'll be more than happy to bring one and discharge it in your car... y'know, to preemptively protect it from fire and stuff.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

strathound

Quote Originally Posted by slowchildmiata View Post
    I had the oil plug fall out at the end of 3rd run at an event. Didn't drip a drop before that.... 500+ miles driving around after the oil change before... Where I caught that the boss that the oil filter screws into was backing out (which has killed some other peoples' motors).

Then I rebuilt the engine since I had been running it with bent rods for ~2 years.... First lap out at track injector decided to stop and destroyed that cylinder and debris took out the rest. Now I'm on a new motor and they know I'm paranoid.
    Very sorry to hear that about your car. I blew up the lower part of my engine in my S2000. That's a horrible feeling. And for that to happen to you twice ... I can't imagine how bad that must have felt. Sorry.

I've been thinking long term about putting a supercharger on my car. Should I rethink that? I didn't realize that if it failed it would destroy the engine. Doesn't sound like it is worth it.

MS

Its all dependant on tuning and the motor you are starting with. Have you reached your peak potential on NA yet? :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post
    Very sorry to hear that about your car. I blew up the lower part of my engine in my S2000. That's a horrible feeling. And for that to happen to you twice ... I can't imagine how bad that must have felt. Sorry.

I've been thinking long term about putting a supercharger on my car. Should I rethink that? I didn't realize that if it failed it would destroy the engine. Doesn't sound like it is worth it.

MS
    All my failures were unrelated. Dumping the oil didn't cause any damage except pride. The bent rods are common in the NB's since they are so weak. If I didn't push the power it wouldn't have been an issue. Also keep in mind I had FTD a time trial the weekend before I broke the motor down for the rods... It wasn't slow. None of my issues have been tuning. I pulled out 3 slugs with no signs of any detonation and 1 completely mangled.

The lesson I've learned is not to cheap out on critical parts.

About 3/4 full. If you plan on going, then sign up now.

strathound

Its all dependant on tuning and the motor you are starting with. Have you reached your peak potential on NA yet? :)
    I have an NC. I'm thinking about driving in this event. And if I do, it will be as bone stock as the day I drove it off the lot. That doesn't prevent me from dreaming of the mods I'm going to eventually do to the car.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I'll be more than happy to bring one and discharge it in your car... y'know, to preemptively protect it from fire and stuff.
    I pee in his car.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Sure, but my car will be in my garage so good luck with that. Don't worry though I made sure the oil filter is more than hand tight
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I pee in his car.
    I thought it smelled like a skunk in there for some reason...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    I thought it smelled like a skunk in there for some reason...
    asparagus
    M3 is always the answer.

asparagus
    It was served at the SCCA Awards Banquet on Saturday night.

asparagus
    Guessing it was the fancy white asparagus not the green stuff us peasants eat.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Just 6 spots remaining!

Register early and often!!!

I like the incorporation of the loop-the-loop feature into this year's course designs, JJ! How did you get Hot Wheels to make one that big?
    Polished Turd Racing

Here is the course for the 2013 Winter Autocross. This is the AM course. The PM course is the same, but run in the opposite direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

strathound

Is Paypal the only payment method they accept? Really? $#%#$%

Pm jrj512
    Polished Turd Racing

strathound

Pm jrj512
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by strathound View Post
    Is Paypal the only payment method they accept? Really? $#%#$%
    We could fill the event (as we are about to do) and have to turn away others (as I expect to do because it happens for every filled event). If we did not require pre-pay, then those that did not pre-pay have no reason to actually come to the event if they do not feel like it when their alarm goes off at dark-thirty. We end up having an event with less than the limit, losing money on the no-shows, and turning away people that would have come and would have paid money.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast