Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Miata Focus Day at the Ranch April 23

Quote Originally Posted by Mathews2004
    The check is in the mail. Really!
    Me too, really!

GARY,
    Which direction are we running? I've never run there clockwise before....

One car, One driver. That's the rule. During the lead and follow you may take a passenger, but they must also have a helmet.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    I plan to run our 2002 Miata, going to let the POS Racer sit this one out. Need to get it some cool tires like Tailchaser!
    You might want to check out the 02. I saw IMVivid going south on Sylvania this morning and it would only go about 60 mph. Must need a tune up or something
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

I was so disappointed when I got into my office and found out that I had to work on that day! Later I was able to get someone to trade the day with me.

I went over to Gray and my check is already in his hand! My first track day!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    I was so disappointed when I got into my office and found out that I had to work on that day! Later I was able to get someone to trade the day with me.

I went over to Gray and my check is already in his hand! My first track day!
    Congrats! Prepare to have lots of fun and become severly addicted.

...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

My kid wants to come too. However, he does not has any "race tires". Can he use the Toyo T1S tires?
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong
    My kid wants to come too. However, he does not has any "race tires". Can he use the Toyo T1S tires?
    Street tires are better if you're learning. Race tires give little to no warning before losing traction whereas street tires "talk to you".

I'll be running my old Azenis which are nearly bald but no cords showing.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster
    I'll be running my old Azenis which are nearly bald but no cords showing.
    Funny you should mention that... TC was giving me some royal shit about my complaining that my tires were "too bald". There's plenty of skin left but I thought not enough for a track day... but, hell, if you're going bald then so might I!

Ok I have a request of everyone. If you are going to run bald tires please let me know so I can stay FAR away from you! The track can be as safe as you and the others make it. If you show up with an unsafe car I would hope the powers at be will not allow you on track for the safety of others. If your tires are questionable GO BUY NEW ONES! If not maybe you should sit this one out.

Remember you will need to pass the tech inspection, and you will use more brake and tire than at an Autocross.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    Remember you will need to pass the tech inspection, and you will use more brake and tire than at an Autocross.

Perhaps I should have noted that I was joking...

My car wouldn't pass tech anyhow!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    All you need is brake pads. $50 from Mazdaspeed and you're done! Didn't Andy offer you free rotors too?

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    All you need is brake pads. $50 from Mazdaspeed and you're done! Didn't Andy offer you free rotors too?
    Actually, no... only in exchange for a screw.

Easy there, pervs...

We just haven't had time to get together.

Ok I have a request of everyone. If you are going to run bald tires please let me know so I can stay FAR away from you! The track can be as safe as you and the others make it. If you show up with an unsafe car I would hope the powers at be will not allow you on track for the safety of others. If your tires are questionable GO BUY NEW ONES! If not maybe you should sit this one out.

I'd second this comment. It's bad enough to run bald tires on the street - running them on the track is the last thing you want to do.

Making sure you have good brakes and tires are the two most crucial maintenance items for any track day - a blown motor might suck, but it won't suck nearly as bad as running out of brakes at 90+mph or having a tire start to cord or come apart on you in the middle of a 4th gear corner.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

I'd second this comment. It's bad enough to run bald tires on the street - running them on the track is the last thing you want to do.
    Yea kids lets not bring junk to MSR! Please stay away from me also!

black roadster at the last MSR did you have better tires than you do now? I'd think with as often as you were running off in the grass you may want to get some good mud and snow tires.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    black roadster at the last MSR did you have better tires than you do now? I'd think with as often as you were running off in the grass you may want to get some good mud and snow tires.

Actually Gary Shuhart was the one that recommended I run the Azenis.

My Toyos are new (2-3k miles?) but he felt Azenis with little tread would be better as long as the weren't corded which they aren't.

FYI... I agree cars should be mechanically sound on the track. Need to look at my pads this week to make sure they have enough thickness.
    ...and across the line.

Easy there, pervs...

3Bean- I have the OEM Rotors that came off my car in a box somewhere. Not sure what shape they are in, but you are welcome to them.

Are there any slots open?

Quote Originally Posted by Titus

Easy there, pervs...

3Bean- I have the OEM Rotors that came off my car in a box somewhere. Not sure what shape they are in, but you are welcome to them.
    I greatly appreciate that! I'll call you later this week!

I greatly appreciate that! I'll call you later this week!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast