• Window phone

0 0%
  • I still use the smoke signals

2 0.31%
  • I use the cheese hot-line

623 97.80%

Thread: Your Next Cell Phone Choices?

Default Your Next Cell Phone Choices?

My contract will be up soon. I want to see what the cool kids are using these days. My plan is continue to stay with one of the major carriers.
    Gabriel

I love my galaxy SIII. It has all the features of a full blown tablet with a good screen size for a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    I love my galaxy SIII. It has all the features of a full blown tablet with a good screen size for a phone.
    +1
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Ever since my Nexus One, unmolested Android is my choice, so now I have a Nexus 4.
    '06 RSX Type-S NBP

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Flux View Post
    Ever since my Nexus One, unmolested Android is my choice, so now I have a Nexus 4.
    I agree, I despise TouchWiz. If you're not willing to run a different ROM, wait for the next-generation Nexus with LTE. SGS3 on 4.2.1 is pretty damn nice though, wouldn't change.

I've had the HTC One S since May, after being an iPhone addict. Very pleased, so much that I got a Nexus7 tablet rather than the iPad mini. I think the Samsung s3 looks even nicer, but it wasn't out when I go this one. Battery life and reliability are as good as Apple for me, and I was very skeptical.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Currently running t-mobile G2 (near stock android) and I will be getting the Nexus4 next.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

I'm sticking with iPhone. Not sure if this is a fair comparison but I have a Kindle Fire and added an Android shell over the top. I can't stand it.

The iPhone is just simple and intuitive. The Androids I've played with are not. They may have more features and better stuff but I hate the interface.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    I'm sticking with iPhone. Not sure if this is a fair comparison but I have a Kindle Fire and added an Android shell over the top. I can't stand it.

The iPhone is just simple and intuitive. The Androids I've played with are not. They may have more features and better stuff but I hate the interface.
    +1, have an iphone 5 and a kindle fire. I think I used the kindle 5 times since I bought it. It's laggy and not intuitive.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Kindle is =/= Android. Get a Nexus7 if you want a true android tablet.
    2013 Mazda2 slushbox daily
    1993 Miata (future exocet donor)

Driver

Man... Been running rooted android for so long when I go to an iPhone/iPad or stock android its like being handcuffed. Of course, I'm a geek so I'm not the target market for iDevices (although I have multiple macbooks).

My wife was android for a long time (while I was blackberry) and went to iPhone on her last upgrade. She will be back with Android on the next go around. The best thing she says about iPhones is that they have waterproof cases (Lifeproof cases, she's dunked a number of phones in the pool over the years).

lol @ people still recommending iPhones. If you don't want keyboard options, want a smaller screen in a resolution no one uses, want a desktop that disallows customization, lacks NFC, uses proprietary cables, don't value access to all files on your phone through PC...then get an iPhone. It's 2013 and Apple is still running an email client that will not let you attach files. You can't do anything with the phone, it's stuck in 2005, but hey that's "simple and intuitive".

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Anyone confused by Android should probably stick with iOS.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 01-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.

strathound

I'm an Apple guy ... and I've been milking my ancient Android phone for 4 years (don't ask) waiting for the day I could get an iPhone. When the iPhone 5 came out, I was soooo close to getting one.

However, for the first time ever, I'm thinking of sticking with Android. The main reason is that I want to use a Bluetooth ODBII sensor to give a real time readout of my car's data with apps like Torque Pro (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...l.torque&hl=en).

One of the main vendors for these ODBII sensors says that their bluetooth device only works with Android. To get it to work with an iPhone, you have to use the version that provides a cable interface. The reason, he states, is that Apple charges a fee to devices that want to connect to the iPhone via Bluetooth and he's not going to pay that fee. It's incredibly stupid of Apple to do this. And it may signal the end of their dominance in the phone market due to short-sightedness.

The new Galaxy Note is pretty sweet. I'm thinking very hard about getting one.

Michael

Loving my MS-Android interface:

strathound

Suhweet!!!

Google Nexus7 is nothing like Kindle Fire. Those are crap, IMHO. Love my Nexus, and it has no issues with speed or connectivity.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Google Nexus7
    Got my wife one of these for Christmas...she loves it.

Default Re: Your Next Cell Phone Choices?

Kindle and nook are dedicated e readers with multimedia capabilities. They are fine for their intended puposes. If you want more than that then look into full blown tablets