Thread: Assetto Corsa

Default Assetto Corsa

I've been "following" this on Facebook. It isn't a true simulator, but should still be a lot of fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-X5SkqOac

I thought they were going sim. Where did you see otherwise. I know Ari is on the team, and he is a physics wizards, and netkr pro was a VERY nice dim.
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

Looks cool. I wish they would release an updated Enthusia and/or TOCA Race driver for the PS3/PS4. They're still awesome games (better than Gran Turismo IMHO), but the last versions were for the PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by eliandi View Post
    I thought they were going sim. Where did you see otherwise. I know Ari is on the team, and he is a physics wizards, and netkr pro was a VERY nice dim.
    I take it back. I was confusing it with Project CARS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3y_-OPuJyU

I've read good things about netKar Pro but haven't played it.

We did a couple of multiplayer races with Netkar pro demo. Like I noted, physics are top notch. They were also hardcore, in that they modeled flatspotting tires and all sorts of mechanical abuse with the appropriate penalties. They were well ahead of rfactor 2 or iRacing in that regard. So I liked it, but not enough to pull the trigger. I think the 2 things holding it back for me were limited car/track options, and limited community to race online with. Hopefully the new sim will cure both.

Need to redownload the demo...maybe it will now hook me.

Here's a clip I made from the tech demo. Forgive the bad driving and the video splicing. I was using Fraps to capture the video but I'm too cheap to buy the full version so I had to re-start recording every 30 seconds.

http://teamcotton.net/Assetto%20Corsa/index.htm
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

Wow, really impressive. I can hear each of the four corners scrabble for grip, and tires look really well modeled for street-track tires.

I have not been really able to get into the PC sims for some reason. I always get frustrated at the lack of feedback and inaccurate sensation of speed. This, however, is already among the best that I've tried. The dynamics are pretty good and the balance is good but, perhaps, not great. That could be related to lack of feedback though. It could also be the steering wheel. It seems to move the virtual steering wheel more than I move the physical wheel. Either way, I'm looking forward to the finished product.
    2013 Audi S4
    1997 Montego Blue Miata

Alot of times the physical wheel movement is part of your setup because wheels are so different, but the virtual wheel on the screen is set to move like the real car. Some gearhead simmers will do the math to make their home wheel move the same degrees as a real car's wheel would need to move.