Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Time to for a throw out bearing

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Quote Originally Posted by brock
    ...could result in replacing an entire transmission if let go too long.
    You hear that Sparky? You better get in there and get it done before you end up dropping the transmission on the autocross course.
    Yeahm but you forget that POS is only transmitting 88hp through that shaft. His will probably last forever.
    Come on now...3Bean rarely uses the brakes, but we still give him a hard time!

ooooooo...man that really encourages people to share their dyno #'s ...LOL
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Mine was 95.6 whp in December. Now that may have been before the supercharger... I can't really remember.

But back on topic... hasn't Adam lost a transmission with a double digit dyno car?

Quote Originally Posted by brock
    I just got my car back from Miata Solutions last night, and the noise was not the throwout bearing. The noise was the pilot bearing. This can after some time mess up the input shaft on the transmission. I would highly recommend to anyone with this noise to have it fixed quickly, as it could result in replacing an entire transmission if let go too long.
    Whoa, if is stops making the noise I should be ok right??

Damn, ive already spent so much on this car just on maintenance...

The noise when it was doing it was only when the clutch pedal was almost to the floor. Since the POS spends a great deal of time in the Garage awaiting the next AX I'm not all that worried about it, when and if it does it again I'll most likely take it up to Miata Solutions and let Steven work his magic!

PS. Dyno numbers are for Babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze
    Mine was 95.6 whp in December. Now that may have been before the supercharger... I can't really remember.

But back on topic... hasn't Adam lost a transmission with a double digit dyno car?
    I lost my tranny, diff, and engine The engine that blew was a NA 1.6, probably putting just under 100hp to the wheels. The tranny blew w/ the 1.8 in, so I was probably at about 110hp to the wheels (I was fast enough to beat a 200hp Jetta TDI ), and the diff blew w/ that same engine.

However, I think all 3 were due to lack of maintenance by the previous owner. I think they didn't do oil changes enough, and from what I saw of the tranny and diff fluid, I think I was the only one who did those

I think I'm losing my 2nd tranny now, but it was out of an "abused" 90 that had a drag clutch in it The engine is very strong, it better be w/ under 45k miles on it. I bought Azenis mid-Feb and I'm probably going to need some new ones by the end of May Just to give an idea, I took my friend's Turbo Supra off the line (duh, no traction), and pulled him from a 20 roll (turbo lag and he never caught back up). A 40 roll showed me just how "fast" a fast car is tho A better clutch in my car would have helped in my 2nd 20 roll against it, I would have stayed with him til at least 80 but my stock 1.6 clutch just doesn't hold the power of a 1.8 very well. Yes, I drive my car hard

Think I might end up ditching the miata all together w/in a year
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123