Thread: Hey! That's not a Miata!

Default Hey! That's not a Miata!

What's up, Miatae!
    As there aren't any DFW MR2 forums, I guess I'm gonna have to come here and bug you guys.
    Some of you might remember a white MR2 Spyder lurking around the autocrosses mid-season last year. That would be me. My name's Joey.
    I'm trying to get involved in autocross again this year. I got to busy with school last semester and had to miss the last part of the season, but things should be better for me this year.
    I still have a lot to learn about autocross, and would like some help. If any of you guys would like to be an instructor, I would greatly appreciate it if you would ride a couple runs with me and offer some advice. You really don't need to be that experienced either, just able to point out some of my newbie mistakes. I was pretty happy with my progress last season, but still have a ways to go to reach the car's full potential.

Add another momentum car to the forum, I hope to meet some of you guys soon. :)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Hey! Who let that guy in here?!?! J/K. Welcome aboard Joey. Even though you drive an MR2, we won't hold it against you. :P See you at an AX soon!

Welcome aboard!! Ive seen your car a few times, I might ask you for a ride next time, since I was always curious how the newer MR2's drive.

I had a friend with a 91 MR2 turbo, man that was a sweet car, untill somebody rear ended him...

Anyway, I hear you on needing an instruction...im a recent FWD convert & my last autocross(first in the miata, first w/ RWD really) wasnt pretty. Since it looks like i'll be missing the autoX school this year, I could really use some coaching too...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

We might as well rename the forum Metroplex Two Seater Convertible Sportscar Enthusiasts Forum. Yes, the MTSCSEF, that's what we'll call it!
    No? Welcome aboard, Joey.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    We might as well rename the forum Metroplex Two Seater Convertible Sportscar Enthusiasts Forum. Yes, the MTSCSEF, that's what we'll call it!
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!

That would mean we would have to welcome the Corvette guys!

How about MFCTSCSEF?
    Metroplex Four Cylinder Two Seater Convertible Sportscar Enthusiasts Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Titus
    How about MFCTSCSEF?
    Metroplex Four Cylinder Two Seater Convertible Sportscar Enthusiasts Forum
    But that leaves out these guys!

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Dang!! That is one of the best looking MR2's I've seen!

That is an MR2 isn't it?? :P

Welcome aboard, Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing

Dang!! That is one of the best looking MR2's I've seen!

That is an MR2 isn't it?? :P

Welcome aboard, Joey.

Yeah POS. Thats an MR2.

I guess it is almost as close as this thing is to a Miata.

RARE?

It even flashes up on your avatar!

*WARNING* 3Bean's avatar may be hazardous to your health. If you are pregnant, have heart problems, or are prone to seizures you should avoid the avatar at all costs.

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Hey!!! :P :P

You're just jealous of my rare color!

:colors:

Welcome to the board, Joey. I think I remember your car from a couple of events last season - is this the SM2 Spyder that you can pop the hood (or the trunk, or whatever you guys with the engine in the wrong place call it ) and see all the way to the ground?

BTW, you may come to regret getting involved with this bunch of characters.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Hey now, don't leave yourself out of that credits list!

Well there goes the neighborhood

Actually welcome, we need more newbies that have less seat time than I do :P
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    Well there goes the neighborhood

Actually welcome, we need more newbies that have less seat time than I do :P
    You're right on the first count, out of luck on the second... He was running as quickly as lost216 on Sunday... on an extremely demanding course...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    [You're right on the first count, out of luck on the second... He was running as quickly as lost216 on Sunday... on an extremely demanding course...
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Welcome to the board, Joey. I think I remember your car from a couple of events last season - is this the SM2 Spyder that you can pop the hood (or the trunk, or whatever you guys with the engine in the wrong place call it ) and see all the way to the ground?

LOL! Yeah that's my car. The MR2 guys tend to call it the "frunk". Think I'll be staying in SM2 again this year. I wanted to run in the street tire class, but eventually decided on experimenting with R-compounds (Yokohama A032R, hard compound). I like them so far, but I've heard that they aren't comparable to the short-lived Hoosiers/Kumhos. They sure seemed to be quicker than my previous Azenis setup (which was very prone to oversteer, no 50/50 weight distribution here!). It still feels like I'm learning this all over again, just gotta get more seat time.
    I had a good time at the PCA event on Sunday. It was nice talking with Lauren, and I had a good time working "the ricochet" with Brad.
    I should be at the next few autocrosses, so feel free to stop by and introduce yourselves. I can handle a few characters.

-Joey