Thread: The BRG is comming around

Default The BRG is comming around

Well, the first week of forced induction is about over for the BRG and things are looking up.

I changed the fuel filter ( is there a trick to this or are you supposed to be covered in gas at the end?) , spark plugs (one step colder and smaller gap) and swapped the Magnacore's from the Red car.

The result is that she has smoothed out considerably. Taking baby steps with this project. I need to build an 02 clamp next, probably try to do that this weekend.

I still need to add some fuel and get to a dyno or buy a wideband, or buy someone with a wideband lots of beer....

Chris

Fuel Filter trick

Depressureize the system by removing the gas cap, insert golf tee into open fuel line
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Fuel Filter trick

Depressureize the system by removing the gas cap, insert golf tee into open fuel line
    I did mine yesterday, and the golf tee didn't do any good. After getting my hands all wet, I pulled the tee out and re-attached the first line to the old filter. After a few minutes of thinking, I decided to try clamping the lines off with vise grips, and it worked great. What didn't occure to me was the fact that the old filter was filled with gas. It all poored out all over the garage floor, as I didn't have a pan ready for it.

Titus,

PM me your address and I will swing by to say hi later and offer a bit of moral support....

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    Titus,

PM me your address and I will swing by to say hi later and offer a bit of moral support....

Chris
    Sent!

I also have a vacuum leak that I have just about given up on. The loner radiator pushes the fans about 1/2 an inch toward the engine, causing the crossover to mount at little angle. I think this is causing it to leak. I went from 22" of vacume before radiator swap to 8" after. I have taken the crossover off and on twice with no change. I think I am just going to give up on it, as the crossover will be replaced by the IC pipes as soon as I can get everything else done and get the car to Gary.

Have you tried spraying carb cleaner around the seals and listened for increased idle??? that is a hugh diff in vacum....

Quote Originally Posted by Kags1969
    Have you tried spraying carb cleaner around the seals and listened for increased idle??? that is a hugh diff in vacum....
    No... I didn't have any carb cleaner around, but I was using a vacuum tube in my ear for listening. It was on the intake side, but moved to the SC side after removing and re-installing. The more I messed with it the more frustrated I got, so I moved on to the fuel filter and pump. I figured the crossover would need to come off to install the new pulley, and the last thing I wanted was to have to start over. I am going to get the elctronics and pulley on and then start at it again. If I get that stuff done, it could be in Gary's garage in less than a week, so it is hard to justify giving it too much attention.

Thanks Chris... I really appreciate you solving my odd vacuum issue!

I just realized that I never let you drive it to feel the Act Stage 1. I will make sure you drive it next time I see you if you havn't already picked something up.

We'll have to reload after you get your intercooler....

Chris