Thread: WTB 99/00 Intake Manifold

Default WTB 99/00 Intake Manifold

Looking for a 99/00 intake manifold to go on the VVT engine I recently purchased. Let me see whatchya got!

Thanks,
    Chris

I have the manifold off my 2000 engine. The innards have been gutted, but still has butterfly valves and all the fittings. Do you need a throttle body, too? If so, got one.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Sorry for the noob question, but if it's gutted, do the butterflies do anything? Got pics to help me understand? I plan on using my stock TB.

C

I used this manifold on my modded engine with larger, higher compression pistons. Dyno runs before and after gutting it showed no measurable difference. As I said, the butterflies are still operational. As a matter of fact, even before I modified the engine, I never saw or felt any surge of power using the VICS feature like most owners of 99-00 miatas attest to. My advice to you is to look on ebay or carparts.com if nobody has what you want locally. Or you could spend more $$ and buy one of the EUDM "flattop" manifolds ( what I'm using now). As a price reference, I would sell you my guttless manifold for $200.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Thanks for the detailed reply Mark. Looks like I have a 99/00 intake lined up, I should know by later on tonight.

C

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    I used this manifold on my modded engine with larger, higher compression pistons. Dyno runs before and after gutting it showed no measurable difference. As I said, the butterflies are still operational. As a matter of fact, even before I modified the engine, I never saw or felt any surge of power using the VICS feature like most owners of 99-00 miatas attest to. My advice to you is to look on ebay or carparts.com if nobody has what you want locally. Or you could spend more $$ and buy one of the EUDM "flattop" manifolds ( what I'm using now). As a price reference, I would sell you my guttless manifold for $200.
    So did you gut just the upper half or both?
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami