Thread: FM II Turbo kit complete minus Hydra and injectors- $2000

Default SOLD: FM II Turbo kit complete minus Hydra and injectors- $2000

Selling my Flyin' Miata FM II kit, complete minus the hydra ECU because I don't want to spend money on a MS even if it is better. I am also keeping the injectors that shipped with the kit because they are in the car.

Otherwise the kit is complete from turbo to intercooler and tubing. It's doesn't have iconel fasteners, it has some sort of weird aircraft fastener and lots of safetywire that look a lot like rod bolts on the turbo and downpipe. I know everyone says you need those iconel studs or the turbo will fall off, but these have worked with no issues at all and i drive the car hard.

It's a track only car, it has about 10 track days on it ~40 miles per day so only 400 miles max on the kit. I've driven the car 5 seconds under the spec miata record at the track on Koni sport suspension and not had one tiny problem with hardware loosening. I haven't touched the turbo or tightened a bolt on turbo hardware since i've owned it.

The kit is for a 1.8, it's on a 94 right now:

Flyin' Miata : Turbochargers : 1994-95 : 1994-95 FM II Hydra turbo kit

1990-05 FM II Hydra
    Recommended boost level 12 psi (1990-97) / 10 psi (1999-05) for stock internals
    Garrett GT2560R water-cooled ball bearing turbo
    0.60 A/R compressor, 0.64 A/R turbine
    15" x 8" x 3" intercooler
    2.0" ID - 2.5" ID pipes from compressor to intercooler
    2.5" ID pipes from intercooler to throttle body
    ductile iron manifold
    2.5" stainless steel downpipe
    all pipes either formed silicone or polished stainless steel
    Turbosmart recirculating bypass valve

The kit is on my car now and i will have it off in the next month or so and ready to ship, a serious buyer might motivate me to get it off quicker. The turbo is the GT2560R. I'm asking $2000, and I'll meet you for delivery if you are in the Dallas area. The dead bugs are included, no extra charge. i don't have any underhood shots of the car for some reason, but i think a bunch of you have seen the car at the track anyway. I'm not getting out of the turbo game, just bought Trey's old turbo hardware.

Last edited by shanem; 04-09-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: sold item

New to the forum. I'm interested in the kit. The only problem is that I drive a 99 miata, so I don't know well some of the hoses will fit. Still I could definitely use the turbo and manifold, and probably the downpipe.

Flyin Miata lists different kits for the 94-94, 96-97, and 99-00.

http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?dept=32

A call to them would tell you what you need to know.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Mica 99 View Post
    New to the forum. I'm interested in the kit. The only problem is that I drive a 99 miata, so I don't know well some of the hoses will fit. Still I could definitely use the turbo and manifold, and probably the downpipe.

I would love to sell it local. I have a couple guys that I would have to ship to asking about it so please let me know if you are interested. smcglaun @ gmail.com

i don't want to part it out though.

Quote Originally Posted by shanem View Post
    I would love to sell it local. I have a couple guys that I would have to ship to asking about it so please let me know if you are interested. smcglaun @ gmail.com

i don't want to part it out though.
    I'd be comfortable buying the whole kit. also i sent you an email.

replied blue mica, let me know im a ways from dfw in Tyler. the car isnt street legal and the parts are still on it, more pics below. would love to sell it to a local that might come to the track with it.

SOLD! man didnt even take 24 hours, I should have asked more!