Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 1 Cars & Coffee - pre-swap-meet G2G

Op where at in Frisco do you live by chance me an my buddy will make this both live in Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by Turblowdmiata View Post
    Op where at in Frisco do you live by chance me an my buddy will make this both live in Frisco
    Near Legacy & Lebanon

I'm in... haven't been to C&C, been wanting to go - weather should be good, and the meet at TDR will be cool too.

2 miles from there haha I'm in

Not going to be able to make C&c/meet/cruise unfortunately
    2001 SE BRG Miata #2026, Aka: The Green Slug

Planning on it. Coming from Granbury. Expect maximum bug splatter by the time I get there. Is bug splatter disqualifying for "cleanliness"?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
    Planning on it. Coming from Granbury. Expect maximum bug splatter by the time I get there. Is bug splatter disqualifying for "cleanliness"?
    Thats a looooong drive. How are you planning on going?

Im leaving from Arlington at around 6am if you want to convoy up there.

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleGT View Post
    Thats a looooong drive. How are you planning on going?

Im leaving from Arlington at around 6am if you want to convoy up there.
    Probably I-20 to 67 and then up to Plano. My daughter used to live up in that area. It is a long drive.

Bring a bottle of quick detailer and a microfiber. Wipe the bugs off at the Starbucks prior to going over to C&C.

It used to be that if a large group of the same car showed up they'd allow all of them in.

Now that it's getting more packed in the warmer months, they're singling cars out and telling them to go park in spectator even if they're in a large enthusiast group. I went over there with my GS300 a couple months ago with the North Texas Lexus group and they singled out an IS300 whose front bumper was a little beat up. They didn't seem to care that it was a bit of a beast that made around 700hp at the wheels. They did, however, let a bone stock, grandma-looking GS300 in just because it was clean.

It's a bit arbitrary but better to be safe than sorry.

All of this could be resolved if they'd just turn away 65 of the 40283 Corvettes.

FYI...there is another car show on Sunday from 10-3 at the Cooper Aerobics Center in North Dallas. Much smaller, but you also won't see rows and rows of F-bodies and C5 Vettes. Went last year and was quite impressed by the quality of cars there.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Bring a bottle of quick detailer and a microfiber. Wipe the bugs off at the Starbucks prior to going over to C&C.
    Wow. Seriously? I was just kind of joking. But, quick detailer never hurts.

Looking forward to it in any case. I've never been.

Wow. Seriously? I was just kind of joking. But, quick detailer never hurts.

Looking forward to it in any case. I've never been.

C&C is pure chaos after 9am. That being said, it is consistently the best car show around as far as mix of cars and quality. There are lots of Corvettes and Mustangs but thats not really a horrible thing.

Are they really that knit picky? Ill be washing mine tomorrow anyway but wow

Quote Originally Posted by Turblowdmiata View Post
    Are they really that knit picky? Ill be washing mine tomorrow anyway but wow
    The last few months they have stepped it up. I can't say I blame them for wanting to keep the lot full of clean cars. It is a car show, after all.

Maybe one day i can make it up that way for an event...i guess my 2.5 hour drive pales in comparison to philyb

Some stuff came up tonight that has me up late, and makes it unlikely for me to be over in Dallas that early. I'm still going to try to make it to the TDR swap meet though.

Soooo, anyone else here?

North end of the lot on the curb.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast