Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #3 - Sunday, May 19, 2013 - Texas Motor Speedway Bus Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Yuck. 20 min x 3 changes + karts= long hot day. At least the heats will be shorter.
    The idea here is to shorten heats & also make it possible to quicken the heat swaps. For example, previously if you were working right before you ran, we had to wait while everyone got to their cars and brought them to grid before running. I think this will actual move the event along faster than when we were using a 3 heat structure.
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by autoxmax View Post
    The idea here is to shorten heats & also make it possible to quicken the heat swaps. For example, previously if you were working right before you ran, we had to wait while everyone got to their cars and brought them to grid before running. I think this will actual move the event along faster than when we were using a 3 heat structure.
    I'm a fan. More heats=less time standing out on course and running around trying to get the car to grid.
    Stuart F. Maxcy
    STR 192

I'll be there, either way!
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

I like it!!! What changed?
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    I like it!!! What changed?
    They are going to be using paypal now.....

Event Results

I liked the 4 heat format with 135 drivers.

4 heat format worked well. Course was interesting.

Slightly off-topic, someone mentioned "karts" earlier in the thread. A shifter kart is on my very-possible list once I have garage space..I'm assuming that is what is meant by "karts"?? How many usually show up? That might get two birds stoned at once.

Or was whoever just talking about the FSAE cars (I see that as a class)? I'm assuming the F125 class is normal spec shifter karts?

Yep, 4 heats was a success.
    Polished Turd Racing

Karts as they're referenced here means the kid karts. Future stars, if you will. There is also a class for shifter karts, now called K Mod (used to be F125). We haven't had a local shifter in a while... Would be great to have someone bring one out again.
    A Z06 is just like a Miata, but with the other half of the motor . . .

Good info, thanks. If I do end up getting one, I'd see if I could convince the other guys at the shop to fill some spots. Don't hold your breath, but stranger things have happened.

Dang my daughters car finished 6th in STR and First in STRL yesterday! Not bad for a car that really isn't an STR car (it is more of a CS car). I like that car except for the six speed. It was especially nice to have Evill KK back out at an Autocross her busy teenager world traveling scheduled has forced her to miss a few events but hopefully she will be able to make a few more this season!

Fun day not sure if I liked the four heat setup or not. It seemed like a lot of sitting and waiting with the wind blowing in my face at 100mph, but we will see how it goes at the next SCCA event. It would be nice in the future if the SCCA would turn down the fan that wind yesterday was evil and my eyes still hurt this morning.

As usual the fine folk at the SCCA put on a great event!!!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by general default View Post
    I liked the 4 heat format with 135 drivers.
    +1

With that many entries the 4 heat format worked well. (Work 1-Run 3 was nice, but whatever was/is blowing in from the south is killing my eyes)

Event ran smooth and the course drove better than it walked.

BTW - thanks to GeneralDefault for letting me codrive. I didn't do the car justice, but it is one fun, smooth, easy-to-drive machine. I see why the MS-R package makes a difference now. Depending on how the reclassing goes, Street class is getting more appealing, assuming they put the camber plates back in and try to avoid ending-up with basically the same Stock class rules on 200tw.

Looking at the results, the difference in spots 4-8 in "X" was less than a tenth. That's pretty cool.
    Polished Turd Racing

Anyone snap any pics of me or Blanton by chance?

P.S. Also a fan of the 4 heat format.
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

I am also a fan of the four heats. As we start getting into the hot months it will be great to have a chance to rehydrate and cool off before jumping in the car and attempting to drive. Hope our numbers stay high enough to keep this schedule.
    Su B.
    SSP - #117
    08 997.1 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    So that's a no. Anyone else? John?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

John and Brad took pictures I think. Just not posted yet.
    You think this is FB
    Quote Originally Posted by ratt_finkel View Post
    So that's a no. Anyone else? John?

Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast