Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autocross School / ST Test and Tune - August 3-4 2013

Default Autocross School / ST Test and Tune - August 3-4 2013

Autocross School - August 3-4
    For anyone who is interested I will be putting on an autocross school on August 3-4. I put this school on 2 years ago and it was a big hit with a lot of improvement from the students. This is an intermediate and advanced level school for people looking to take their skills to the next level. And all of the instructors will be professionals with years of experience in racing/autox instruction. Both one and two day schools are available. Cost is $75 for one day or $125 for both.

Street Touring Test and Tune - August 3
    I am also putting on the street touring test day again this year. This is for people running in the SCCA street touring category. Both the dial in course and skidpad will be available along with alignment equipment and maybe a pyrometer. There is no cost for this event but priority will be given to people who plan on running at the national championships this year. Lastly spaces are pretty limited so please don't sign up unless you really want to do some testing!

How do we sign up for the school? - count me in
    Last edited by UTenigma; 06-10-2013 at 12:53 PM.

For anyone on the fence about doing this, do it!!!! I did it 2 years ago and it helped a lot. I found a lot of areas where I was leaving time on the table. I don't know for sure all the instructors but I can bet there will be at least 3 National Champions teaching this school. The instructors have put a lot of time, effort, and training into getting to that level and you can learn a lot from them. I may do it again myself because I know for a fact my car is faster than I am.

Mineral Wells?
    I know it's white, but here comes the hot sauce, 964 C2

I plan to attend, plenty left for me to learn.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    +1
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

I can't believe it's been 2 years already. If time permits, I'll be signing up.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    +2. Do I need to install a passenger seat?
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by UTenigma View Post
    How do we sign up for the school?
    Still working on that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
    Mineral Wells?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52 View Post
    Do I need to install a passenger seat?
    Yes

David, is this school still on? Details, please?
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Yes, the school is still on and I am ready to start handling registration. The total entries are going to be really small so I am just going to do all of the registration manually.

To sign up for the school or test and tune contact me (PM or email [email protected]) with the following info:
    1. Name and contact email
    2. Which days you would like to attend

Update on the school. Right now it is booked up with a waiting list. But if I can get 1-2 more people I can add another instructor. So if you are interested let me know ASAP.

I am also waiting on payment from a few people.

Final update. I had someone cancel on Sunday so if anyone is interested there is an open spot. This is Sunday only, Saturday is completely booked.

Good school. It was professionally run and they had planned activities for the entire day. I would urge others to attend next year.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Thanks to David for putting together an excellent event. Well worth the time and money spent.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Thanks to David for putting together an excellent event. Well worth the time and money spent.
    Ditto from Sharon and a passive observer. Nice that they taught advanced students about data usage via solostorm.

Suspension Modder

Another thanks to David and Jerry for a great school. I learned more today than I have in my last three years of autocrossing.
    Travis Howard
    PCA Maverick Region (former) Autocross / (now just)Time Trial Chair
    96 Miata
    74 914, 85 911, 03 996

Great school guys - really learned a lot. I was telling my dad afterwards it's one thing to read things, hear things and know them to be true (i.e. look ahead, attack the back etc) but to really understand it I think you need someone in your car yelling at you . Also seeing how David drove my car was extraordinarily helpful - I really liked flipping back and forth from the driver's seat to the passenger's seat so I could focus on what the car was doing while not having to worry about inputs.

The format was great - I really liked getting 3 runs of the practice course in the morning by myself, and another index before lunch, then again at the end of the day. Being able to see a 2 second improvement on a 30 second course over the course of the day (with a car that was considerably slower in the afternoon due to the heat) is defiantly encouraging and drives home the value of the skills put into practice. I just wish I could have run both days

The evolving course at the end of the day was a blast, I could have done that all day

Thanks again guys

Great school. Sign me up for next year.

Oh man, I can't believe I didn't see this/go to it! I've wanted to try autox but would prefer an instructed run or two just to have some feedback instead of just jumping in to something I know nothing about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast