Thread: Any interest in a "low mileage" NA roller?

Default Any interest in a "low mileage" NA roller?

Before I go getting pics and try to remember all the little extras I'd include, is anyone even interested in a 1990 shell with only 102,605 miles on it? Or should I go straight to Craigslist?

Quick details:
    -Silver. Paint isn't terrible, but it's not near great.
    -Top is original, window finally cracked two summers ago. Still in better shape than quite a few tops I've seen still in use.
    -driver seat, cluster hood, both door windows are missing. Door panels have a hole cut in each for tweeters. All speakers and head unit pulled.
    -Rear finish panel missing
    -Rust on driver rocker panel. Quarter panel was replaced way back in 2003, and the body shop didn't drill the drain holes. Started rusting from the inside, but I drilled a hole and coated the inside. Hasn't gotten any bigger in a decade. Not as bad as some cars I've seen on the road (no holes through the panel).
    -55mm radiator, used NB shocks/springs (unknown mileage), MS motor mounts, some other random goodies.
    -No drivetrain or ECU (except the trans, I will include the perfectly fine trans, but no clutch), but there is a 1.6l motor still installed. I blew the head gasket, but kept driving (I was angry), so it may need some work, or just a gasket. I have a spare motor and a spare head if wanted. I'll gladly remove the motor if it's more of a pain for you than an extra part.

Does it have a title, and what do you want for it?
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Yes, Florida title in my name. I am the second owner, since 32k miles. Has Florida title because I lived in Florida and kept the car registered there for inspection purposes (car was turboed with no emissions equipment). Taken off the road maybe 2 months ago by now.

You saw the car at an auto-x this summer, with myself and Ash driving it.

I'd love $750 for it and everything Miata I have left (except turbo stuff), but not firm by any means. Would start at about $1000 on Craigslist.
    Last edited by Rob®; 09-18-2013 at 10:32 AM.

So the Link is gone now?
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Yes, Link sold on eBay for $275. I know I meant to ask you before I sold it...please say I did. Sorry if I didn't..

...1.8l nonsport brakes up front (some dusty Brembo pads with Brembo blanks in front, 1.6l HP+ pads and Brembo blanks in the rear) , SS brake lines all around, SS clutch line..there's more too.

Power windows worked. Actual glass is gone though -not broken, I removed them to sell the Teflon window rollers, and just gave the guy the entire windows. So there's no broken glass to worry about, but regulators/motors/tracks are still in place and worked.

Guess I'll edit and update this thread at this point.

GLWS. I think you'll be hard-pressed to get $500 for a roller, but you never know.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Yeah that's what I figured, but who knows. I'm not overly motivated, and there's more $500 worth of parts on it, so I could just completely strip it if I cared enough. Even with the parts missing it's in better shape than a few cars I've seen driving around. If I feel like I'm getting lowballed too much I'll just hang onto it -I need the garage space more than the money. That said, I need garage space fairly soon, so anyone interested should shoot me an offer -I'll update this later.

550cc RC Engineering injectors are back in it..I give up trying to think of the rest for now.
    Last edited by Rob®; 09-18-2013 at 10:57 AM.