Thread: 6.5x14 w/185/60-14 to Borrow?

Default 6.5x14 w/185/60-14 to Borrow?

Everyone:

Does anyone up near the Frisco area happen to have a stock wheel (6.5x14) with a stock-size tire (185/60-14) that they could loan me for tonight and tomorrow morning?

I lost a tire on the '96 -- construction debris, the one joy of living in Frisco -- and it was unrepairable. I'm going to replace all four, but I'd really like to avoid having to drive on the doughnut. I'm just looking for something the same size to throw on to get me to Discount. I can return it on the way back, later in the evening, or whatever's convenient.

Thanks in advance!

Chuck

I have 4, but I am in Rowlett.
    Gabriel

Thanks everyone for the sentiment. It's not the end of the world driving on the doughnut I guess, just trying to avoid it if possible.

FWIW, I speak from experience when I say that now's a GREAT time for everyone to take a moment, go out to the garage, and see if you have all the things you need IN THE CAR to make it home with a flat.

Personally, I, well, didn't. I had a doughnut and even a compressor, but no wrench and no jack. I tried pumping the tire up over and over again, but it was a bad leak and I still ended up killing the tire. (No, I didn't shred the crap out of it or anything, just managed to separate a spot on the inside when it got low on the way.) Doh!

I think I'm going to make a quick trip out to Harbor Freight this weekend and find me a couple of cheap breaker bars, a couple of 21mm sockets, and maybe a couple of cheap little jacks. Next time I'll be better prepared.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by ccage
    ...I speak from experience when I say that now's a GREAT time for everyone to take a moment, go out to the garage, and see if you have all the things you need IN THE CAR to make it home with a flat.
    I don't have a damned thing in my trunk... my safety net is a AAA card and my cell phone!

Roll of the dice...

Sorry ccage... although I live very close to you, all I have are 15"...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

If you just want a matched set, I have a bunch of donuts
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Thanks again everyone for the quick response. This morning I went ahead and crawled to Discount on the doughnut.

The '96 now has a nice set of cheap Kumho's on it. I'm really surprised at how well these tires ride and perform. Not bad at all.

Chuck

Guess you got your PM.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles