Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 2003 Miata LS 6spd turbo

Default FS: 2003 Miata LS 6spd turbo

I have a 2003 Miata LS 6spd turbo that I may be selling. We are buying a house soon and I am considering a truck, if anyone has a trade to offer.

95500 miles now, and specs below:

Mods/Upgrades:

BEGI S5 manifold
    Tial 38MM External Wastegate (VTA and 5.6psi spring)
    FM2 Downpipe
    GT2554R Turbo @8psi
    Custom hard lines to the turbo (both oil and coolant)
    Turbosmart Kompact Dualport BOV
    Turbo XS Manual Boost Controller
    TDR Intercooler with improved ducting
    TDR turbo intake
    PWR radiator
    22PSI Radiator Cap
    FM Stage 2 Cooling fans/shroud
    ANSA dual exhaust
    Spec Stage 2.1 clutch
    Fidanza Aluminum flywheel
    MiataRoadster Delrin shifter tip bushing
    Hard Dog Sport Double Diagonal roll bar /w pad
    TDR gauges (boost, water temp and narrowband o2)
    stainless steel brake lines and clutch line
    Power Frame stabilizer kit
    Racing Beat hollow front sway bar
    Racing Beat Front sway bar brace
    Flyin' Miata springs
    KYB AGX shocks
    E-Manage Ultimate engine management with 3bar Map sensor and LC-1
    Innovative LC-1 Wideband O2 controller
    180* thermostat
    255lph fuel pump
    Magnecor wires
    MazdaSpeed motor mounts
    MazdaSpeed pedals
    95M seats releathered black
    Chrome gas cap
    5 pt harness rings installed
    Shark 2 antenna
    15x7 TR C1M w/ 205/50R15 Ecsta XS
    Clearwater door speakers
    Sony HU with aux in etc...
    Sony Amplifier

asking $7250, bring a good offer and we'll talk.

Ben

I give credit to fwMiata for these pics.
    http://s137.beta.photobucket.com/use...man68/library/
    Last edited by bullittman68; 01-14-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: price drop

Photobucket album is set to private.
    2001 BRG Miata SE and 2007 MINI Cooper S

sorry, I hope it is working now. Thanks
    Last edited by bullittman68; 01-05-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullittman68 View Post
    any interest at $7250?
    Any CEL issue? Pass emission test as is, OK?
    Gabriel

No CEL's and it WILL pass emissions just fine. I use it as a DD now, but my commute is <4mi, 4x a week.

Tire Warmer

Three questions:

1- The photos are from the previous owner and about 6 months ago. Are they still accurate? No 'surprise' body damage or anything?
    2- 95k miles says the timing belt should have been changed by now. Who and when?
    3- I'm going to need you to walk out to the car and sit in the driver's seat. No, it's ok. I'll wait.

Gently explain to the car:
    "Sometimes bad people adopt nice convertibles from good homes in the south and take them to scary places with freezing weather and snow. Those cars have to live in caves for months at a time and nobody drives them. They never see sunlight or feel the road on their tires. Or even worse, they get driven on nasty salty roads and develop rust. After a while, the bad people start cutting and grinding the rust away and replacing it with prosthetic steel and Bondo. Even worse, the bad people will use a calculator and realize that extensive rust repairs are not cost-effective. Not cost-effective. They really use words like that. They also use naughty words like 'Donor Car' and 'Parting Out'. Soon, the jackals come and rip out all the special parts and leave the carcass on a lawn, feeling sadder by the day. Then the car gets dragged to a scary place and crushed for scrap metal. That's right, you could be crushed into a small ball of rusty metal in a few short years."

"But you're a lucky car. You might be going to a new home in Orlando, Florida. You'll be driven all the time. You're going to be parked during the day within sight of Universal Studios Orlando, so you can watch tourists having fun while your owner works. At night you'll live in a small neighborhood with little traffic. Little kids on bikes will ask questions about how cool you are. A few times a year, your owner intends to change your tires and lose autocrosses with you. Because your owner can't drive nearly as well as his wife, and she never lets him forget it. But it'll be fun.

You're going to be his first Miata, ever. Which is strange, because he knows the right answer to the eternal question, "What car should I get next?" The answer is always, "Miata." He's said this several times, and now he needs to take his own advice."

So question three is: How does the car feel about this idea?

Oh, and I might want to buy it.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rkevans View Post
    Three questions:

1- The photos are from the previous owner and about 6 months ago. Are they still accurate? No 'surprise' body damage or anything?
    2- 95k miles says the timing belt should have been changed by now. Who and when?
    3- I'm going to need you to walk out to the car and sit in the driver's seat. No, it's ok. I'll wait.

Gently explain to the car:
    "Sometimes bad people adopt nice convertibles from good homes in the south and take them to scary places with freezing weather and snow. Those cars have to live in caves for months at a time and nobody drives them. They never see sunlight or feel the road on their tires. Or even worse, they get driven on nasty salty roads and develop rust. After a while, the bad people start cutting and grinding the rust away and replacing it with prosthetic steel and Bondo. Even worse, the bad people will use a calculator and realize that extensive rust repairs are not cost-effective. Not cost-effective. They really use words like that. They also use naughty words like 'Donor Car' and 'Parting Out'. Soon, the jackals come and rip out all the special parts and leave the carcass on a lawn, feeling sadder by the day. Then the car gets dragged to a scary place and crushed for scrap metal. That's right, you could be crushed into a small ball of rusty metal in a few short years."

"But you're a lucky car. You might be going to a new home in Orlando, Florida. You'll be driven all the time. You're going to be parked during the day within sight of Universal Studios Orlando, so you can watch tourists having fun while your owner works. At night you'll live in a small neighborhood with little traffic. Little kids on bikes will ask questions about how cool you are. A few times a year, your owner intends to change your tires and lose autocrosses with you. Because your owner can't drive nearly as well as his wife, and she never lets him forget it. But it'll be fun.

You're going to be his first Miata, ever. Which is strange, because he knows the right answer to the eternal question, "What car should I get next?" The answer is always, "Miata." He's said this several times, and now he needs to take his own advice."

So question three is: How does the car feel about this idea?

Oh, and I might want to buy it.

Rick
    This ranks high on the "best first post" list, but only if he buys it. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I hope the car likes the idea...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

With all the crazy shit that happens in Florida, the car might need a lot of coaxing...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

To answer the questions,

1. The car is in the same shape it was in when I bought it, minus about 3k miles of use. The only difference is that a MSM windblocker is now installed and the speakers wired in as well. This car is very clean, and doesn't feel nearly its age.

2. Yes, the recommended interval on the timing belt is 60k, and so it still has about 20-25k left until its next change. I can't tell you who did the first one, but I can say it was done properly and both previous owners stayed up on all required and recommended maintenance.

3. The car appreciates your sentiments regarding its potential migration, but it in turn has put me on a guilt trip. It seems to beg me, "what could you possibly replace me with that is this affordable, reliable, fast, and FUN? I've never wronged you, and you know this money won't buy you anything nearly as hot as I am. Do you really need a practical vehicle, or are you just doubting yourself? You know if you let me go, I'll always be the one who got away, and you won't ever be able to undo your mistake."

I hope that answers your questions well... now I'm off to ponder what the car had to ask of me.

strathound

Dear Lord,

Please bring Spring to these parts with the warm weather and weekly AutoX events. I'm very afraid that the month of cold temperatures and self-inflicted time indoors has driven most of the drivers around here bat-shit-crazy.

Thanks,

Your #1 Fan

7K would get you a beat old E36 M3, beat super high mileage S2000, 04 RX-8, Fbody LS1 Camaro. So yeah not much out there.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    7K would get you a beat old E36 M3, beat super high mileage S2000, 04 RX-8, Fbody LS1 Camaro. So yeah not much out there.
    I'd be fine with a boring, normal, 4 banger DD like a Civic, Accord, Camry, etc. But how boring is that? Not to mention I can't even find one around here with similar mileage and model year as my Miata. I think I might have to push pause on letting this car go until we finalize plans on the house and I know what vehicle would best suit my needs.

Tire Warmer

Default Re: FS: 2003 Miata LS 6spd turbo

Buying a miata on the interwebz, I'm doing it wrong!

My new job has a 25 mile commute every day, and I am looking for something bigger now. I really wish I could keep the Miata and another car, but that's not in the cards now.

The car now has 100,075 miles. It needs tires ($350) and that's it. I can't let this thing go to a dealer... Anyone interested at $7000???

Is it still losing/burning coolant? If not what did it end up being?

Quote Originally Posted by whoswatchingme View Post
    Is it still losing/burning coolant? If not what did it end up being?
    Coolant level is remaining steady, I haven't had to add any. I never have any in the overflow, but even when it is cool, the radiator is full.

I haven't had any issues with the car in the last 5,000 miles at all, it's been super dependable 50+ miles a day.

Hey were you at the Honda dealer in lewisville fri night? Think I saw this car.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Hey were you at the Honda dealer in lewisville fri night? Think I saw this car.
    Yup that was me... Were you in the M3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast