Thread: Turret Boots, Ball Joint Boots, and all things of Rubber

Default Turret Boots, Ball Joint Boots, and all things of Rubber

Changed the shift boots this lunchtime - they were so burnt away, they didn't really exist any more - when you took the insulation off you could see the road through the upper boot! Turret oil was brown but still existed. Now the gear change is much tighter - more resistance, but smoother. And no more hot breeze up the gearstick, so when summer comes it doesn't get so hot you burn your hand on it!

Next up, the control arm balljoint boots. I'm going to start with the front upper ones, as they're clearly ripped... that won't be a lunchtime job, though! Might wait until I can afford new shocks before attempting this one, methinks.
    "Get to Heaven half an hour before the devil knows your dead"

www.myspace.com/theelectrics

hahaha, i did my shift boots today too, both upper and lower,and added the aluminum shifter cup, the shifts feel more precise now.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Mine were the same way when I did mine last week. I added a short shift kit and leather shifter boot while I was at it. Much better! Now I don't get burnt by the jet hot blast of air through the holes in the old shift boot while going down the highway.

IM doing the turret / tranny / diff this weekend, my boots are so bad I can see the spring & other random stuff down in the turret, the other day I had to pull the radio, so I pryed the console back instead of taking it off, I couldnt even tell the boot was there, just a spring & grease all over the insulation Yea I think its about time to change that baby out.

I dont want to even think of how bad the balljoint boots are, hell I didnt even know I had any
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution