Thread: Tree removal?

Default Tree removal?

Anyone have experience with tree removal costs? We've got a big magnolia tree that drops at least a billion leaves a day, it sheds as much as our black lab does... I've got someone coming out to give us an estimate on how much it would be to get rid of it. Just curious if anyone has had trees removed before? Google says it could $400-1400 depending on the size of the tree.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Yep, its pricey. Magnolias are very desirable trees, and you might luck out and be able to make money off it. Contact a few landscape/tree installer companies and see if they are interested. They have special machines that can dig out a tree by its root ball and move it alive for replanting. A mature tree is worth thousands of dollars, so you might be able to get paid something, or at least have it removed for free.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver
    The Enclave at The Villages of Deer Run at Quail Arroyo Estates de Chandelier Crossing
    Blog Entries

+1. Would be a shame to destroy it IMO.

We have a big magnolia that used to drop a bunch of leaves until a tree service came out and did some pruning for unrelated reasons. (And by "pruning" I mean they took some big branches off the bottom, effectively raising the canopy.) The tree has been much better ever since, so maybe that had some sort of health benefits.
    Last edited by redmenace; 09-23-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I agree that it is a shame to destroy it. ...but it is soooo much work to keep the leaves picked up. I really have no idea, but I'd be amazed if someone could pull this sucker up and transplant it... something to look into...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

Try Luis landscape, run by a guy named Jose. 214-228-3147. they just took a big oak out at my fathers house for $250. they did not have to haul off as the city picked up that week. they work the north dallas area.
    95 r white

Call Chippers Tree Service. Estimates are free and their prices are very reasonable. They will even mulch it up on the spot so there's nothing left for the city to pick up.

972-743-9959
    '92

Salas Services, they just took out a hackberry from my front yard and trimed some trees at my rental in Irving. They have a chipper, show up on time, prices are fair and speak English. Jose or Jonathon 972-413-1800

A lumberjack with a big furry beaver could chop chop chop that tree down.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Call Rick over.... he did great getting his Holly bushes out with his truck and a chain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]