Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TX Region SCCA Autocross #9 - Sunday, November 10, 2013 - Dallas Raceway

Default TX Region SCCA Autocross #9 - Sunday, November 10, 2013 - Dallas Raceway

9th autocross of the year: TX Region SCCA Solo #9 - Sunday, November 10th.

Where? Dallas Raceway in Crandall, TX.

Event #9 Schedule:

•Registration & Tech Inspection: 7:30am - 8:30am (PLEASE DON’T BE LATE)
    (If you are new to TX Region SCCA events, please be AT THE SITE by 7:30am)

•Course opens: 8:00am (approx.)

•Novice Walkthru: 8:30am (approx.)

•MANDATORY Drivers Meeting: 9:00am (approx.)

•First Runs Start 9:30am (Approx.)

•Trophies (and BEER ) approx. 30 minutes after conclusion of runs. (approx. 3:30 PM)

Online Registration closes Friday night, November 8th at 11:59pm.

**Walk up registrations ARE allowed on site but will be charged an additional $5.

**CREDIT CARDS CAN NOT BE ACCEPTED ONSITE!!

Online Registration Link:
    http://msreg.us/2013TXEvent9

All this information and MORE is available on the Texas Region SCCA Solo webpage:
    http://texasscca.org/soloautocross

Sunday's course:

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

in
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

In! It's been awhile since I raced at Dallas Raceway.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Dang this may be the last SCCA Event for Evil KK for a while.... Where has this season gone....

We should be in attendance!

In. Start looks super fun and will make sure no jimmy-jan shenanigans take place!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    and will make sure no jimmy-jan shenanigans take place!
    Let it be known that I DSQ'd myself on that run. But it did seem faster.

I can confirm. He fell on his sword.
    "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents"
    Neon Deion Sanders

This Event is kind of special…

We’ve designated the last event of the year as our annual Charity event. As with the last couple of years, we’ve chosen a local group called Honor Flight that has a rather honorable task! Honor Flight™is a network of volunteers established for the express purpose of getting as many WWII Veterans as possible to Washington, DC to view the WorldWar II Memorial. Honor Flight™ was originally set up in 2004 by Earl Morse, a physician's assistant from Ohio. Honor Flight™ DFW (HFDFW) was established in September 2008 to bring this wonderful effort to the Dallas/Ft Worth/North Texas area. To date, Honor Flight DFW has flown 488 WWII veterans to Washington, DC.

In cooperation with the SCCA National Office, a special program offered by them has allowed TX Region SCCA Solo to commit to donate $10 per entrant from event #9 to Honor Flight!! You can help Texas Region SCCASolo make a difference by simply entering the event! $10 of YOUR entry fee will go to a donation made by TX Region Solo. Help us honor those who served our country! (You’re also more than welcome to make additional donations to the charity. A bucket will be located at the Timing Trailer all day where you can make your donations.)

Fellow TX Region Solo member, Rachel Blacketer Hedstrom - Mrs. Texas International 2012, will be there in the morning with two of the Veterans involved in the program. If you get a chance, take a moment and chat with them about this amazing charity group!

For more information about Honor Flight, follow the link to their website:

http://www.honorflightdfw.org/about.html
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Driver

Anyone have a codrive for this race? Don't care what class

Awesome about Honor Flight. Great choice!

...Are we also doing the ditch the spare tire again? I...need some motivation in that department...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

also looking for a codrive
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Ashley, Mike,

I've got an open seat in the S2000. Let me know if either of you are interested.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

There is going to be a big showdown in the Novice class this weekend. The points race is tight:

1st - 59 pts - Grant "The Tuner Kid' Watkins . 93 Honda Civic SMF #7
    2nd - 32 pts - Curtis "S-AWC 291HP TC-SST Grocery Hauler" Frisbie . 12 EVO MR STU #78
    3rd - 23 pts - Jeffrey "What do you mean I have to move to ASP" Walker-Medina . 93 Toyota MR2 Turbo ASP #13
    3rd - 23 pts - David "Where did you come from" Anderson . 12 Mini Cooper JCW DS #78
    3rd - 23 pts - Nathan "Why show up for half the races" Reyes . 08 Mazda Speed STX 3 #8 7 10 1 6
    6th - 23 pts - Brooks "I should have been a country star with this name" Oakley . 13 Scion FR-S CS #42

1st Place is wrapped up ... we gave Grant the trophy after the 2nd race.
    2nd Place is Curtis's if he just shows up.
    3rd - 6th is up to any of the 4 players. Highest "Indexed" time between the 4 takes the last spot on the podium.

This will be the last chance all of us get to run in the Novice class. At the end of the the race we either say "That was fun ... Adios Amigos" or run with the Adults next year. Since we usually all run in different heats lets hope the live timming issue finally gets resolved. We need to keep track of everyone's progress so we can apply pressure and hope they crack.

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post
    Awesome about Honor Flight. Great choice!

...Are we also doing the ditch the spare tire again? I...need some motivation in that department...
    Start eating now!!!
    Andy Cost
    Humble Servant - Equipe Rapide

Driver

Heck yeah iain ill like to try your car...

Quote Originally Posted by BatoLoco13 View Post
    There is going to be a big showdown in the Novice class this weekend. The points race is tight:

1st - 59 pts - Grant "The Tuner Kid' Watkins . 93 Honda Civic SMF #7
    2nd - 32 pts - Curtis "S-AWC 291HP TC-SST Grocery Hauler" Frisbie . 12 EVO MR STU #78
    3rd - 23 pts - Jeffrey "What do you mean I have to move to ASP" Walker-Medina . 93 Toyota MR2 Turbo ASP #13
    3rd - 23 pts - David "Where did you come from" Anderson . 12 Mini Cooper JCW DS #78
    3rd - 23 pts - Nathan "Why show up for half the races" Reyes . 08 Mazda Speed STX 3 #8 7 10 1 6
    6th - 23 pts - Brooks "I should have been a country star with this name" Oakley . 13 Scion FR-S CS #42

1st Place is wrapped up ... we gave Grant the trophy after the 2nd race.
    2nd Place is Curtis's if he just shows up.
    3rd - 6th is up to any of the 4 players. Highest "Indexed" time between the 4 takes the last spot on the podium.

This will be the last chance all of us get to run in the Novice class. At the end of the the race we either say "That was fun ... Adios Amigos" or run with the Adults next year. Since we usually all run in different heats lets hope the live timming issue finally gets resolved. We need to keep track of everyone's progress so we can apply pressure and hope they crack.
    HAHA Awesome post!
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Preliminary Run/Work order for TX Region SCCA Solo event #9, Nov 10th at Dallas Raceway. Any changes to the order will be announced at the Drivers Meeting. See ya there!

Run Heat 1 / Work Heat 3
    ASP, BM, BSP, CS, EP, FSP, GS, HS, SM, STF, STS

Run Heat 2 / Work Heat 4
    CM, CP, CSP, DP, EM, FSAE, SSM, SS, STR, X

Run Heat 3 / Work Heat 1
    XP, BP, BS, DM, DSP, ES, ESP, FM, STC, STX

Run Heat 4 / Work Heat 2
    AM, AS, DS, KM, FP, FS, GP, SSP, SMF, STU, T, W, STSL
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

Looks like I'm out. Wife and kiddo came down with some kind of stomach bug, so I get to stay home and play mister mom tomorrow instead. Y'all have fun.
    Iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast