Thread: PCA Time Trial #4 11/16 and Autocross #6 11/17, Mineral Wells Airport

Default PCA Time Trial #4 11/16 and Autocross #6 11/17, Mineral Wells Airport

The Maverick Region of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) is hosting their Time Trial #4 and Autocross #6 on Saturday 11/16 and Sunday 11/17 at Mineral Wells Airport in Mineral Wells, TX.

No membership is required.

Register at www.clubregistration.net. You can also register at each event, but it will garner you a stink-eye.

If you have never attended one of their Mineral Wells Time Trials (TTs), then you will kick yourself for not trying it sooner. The course is open and flowing like a road course and you lap it rather than stopping after each run like at an autocross. Most of the course is in third and fourth gears.

Rather than walking the course in the morning, at a TT you get to drive it at 1/2 speed for 30 minutes prior to the event in order to learn the line. When the competition starts, you will get one warm-up lap followed by three timed hot laps. After letting yourself and your car rest a moment, you will do it again. In the afternoon session, you will get two more sets of the same (if time permits) or one set of four hot laps.

If you want to track your car, then this is a cheap way to get used to driving at road-course speeds and learning your car’s limits. Instructors are available.

You will love the PCA’s TTs!

The course for the autocross will be posted next week, but they are using the course designed for the SCCA Match Tour that was supposed to be held in the summer. The course was designed, tested, and marked, but never used. This is your chance to enjoy a national-level course for a cheap price.

Sunday's course.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jrj512; 11-12-2013 at 09:59 AM.

In for both .. Woohoo!

In for the TT, got other commitments Sunday.
    "If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents"
    Neon Deion Sanders

The course for Saturday's PCA Time Trial. It is course #3. Note that this course is counter-clockwise.

Great weather for this time of the year!

Driver

Anyone have a codrive for either of these?

Best lap from today...

Looked great! Smooth driving on your part. I am looking forward to the AX on the 24th.

Fun event today. It's not everyday you get to drive a national-approved course. Jerrett did a bang-up job of making a course that required you to look ahead.

The coupe spewed up a LOT of coolant while changing tires after my 5 hot laps. I nursed it back to Paschal where I checked the levels and the reservoir was almost empty. Luckily, there is an O'Reilly just before 20. About a pint in and it made it home perfectly fine. This worries me as I'm not sure the car can handle this kind of hot lapping event...
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Yeah what a fun course ! Really liked the "walloms" section. Congratulations to David Whitener on the FTD in my car . Really great to see my NB's potential ....and get some good advice/motivation !

Quote Originally Posted by BMcCann View Post

The coupe spewed up a LOT of coolant while changing tires after my 5 hot laps. I nursed it back to Paschal where I checked the levels and the reservoir was almost empty. Luckily, there is an O'Reilly just before 20. About a pint in and it made it home perfectly fine. This worries me as I'm not sure the car can handle this kind of hot lapping event...
    Driving it around a little at low RPM’s after you get done with your runs may keep it from doing that. Give it a chance to cool down a little before you turn it off.

Ok, I'll remember that for next time. Thanks for the tip!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Both events ran smoothly. I had a great time at both.