Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustache Leaked before Reveal!

Available L A T E 2014!!! Link

Available late 2014?? So why all the hype now??

Quote Originally Posted by wrx74 View Post
    Z28 is due out in the spring and you can get a 2014 Camaro today they are in inventories in DFW now.

So yea maybe Ford is trying to steal some hype. But we have short attention spans who wants to wait till next fall to get a Mustache??

Because Mustang > Camaro?

I'd rather have a current 2013 'Stang over a current Camaro. And the upcoming "redesigned" Camaro looks kinda like a bloated Cavalier that still weighs 4000 lbs - IMO it's a giant pile of crap.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Auto Show season - gotta have something.....even if you got nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Because Mustang > Camaro?

I'd rather have a current 2013 'Stang over a current Camaro. And the upcoming "redesigned" Camaro looks kinda like a bloated Cavalier that still weighs 4000 lbs - IMO it's a giant pile of crap.
    Well you're stupid!

Why rush out with all the details so early before the actually launch? Did Ford want to help Fiat/Chrysler and GM to improve their upcoming 2015 offerings since Ford has handed out the blueprints about a year too soon??? Seems to be some questionable marketing IMHO.

Also is that 2.3 liter 4 banger basically the same one that pushes around my 1995 Ford Ranger?

Engine Builder

It'll be a good car, ive driven the 5.0 and camaro ss they dont feel that fat... they did have alot of power which helps, they should just cut out the 6 y would I want the same hp less tq(ithink) and less mpg compared the the 4 banger? granted I will get neither nor any other american car unless its a z06 or stingray which are both out of my price range for awhile. they should just turbo the whole line up and keep the same prices. On a side note supposedly the new gt will equal the performance of the boss 302.

Quote Originally Posted by zmiata View Post
    lets see what the final weight will be and with 400+ on hp and tq i'm sure itll have alot of get up and go. I just wounder if itll touch the corvettes weight #'s
    The "first run" v8 will have the same hp as the current car but the regular year car will have 500 hp.
    I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Can't wait to see the GT500 version.
    They are killing the gt500 and replacing it with a gt250

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by driftdevil View Post
    The "first run" v8 will have the same hp as the current car but the regular year car will have 500 hp.
    you mean the normal gt will have 500 hp? or the corvette base

It'll be a good car, ive driven the 5.0 and camaro ss they dont feel that fat... they did have alot of power which helps, they should just cut out the 6 y would I want the same hp less tq(ithink) and less mpg compared the the 4 banger? granted I will get neither nor any other american car unless its a z06 or stingray which are both out of my price range for awhile. they should just turbo the whole line up and keep the same prices. On a side note supposedly the new gt will equal the performance of the boss 302.
    No, they DO feel that fat. I'm not sure what you're comparing to, but I'm guessing its not a well-sorted Miata, Porsche, or the like.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

lol wut?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    No, they DO feel that fat. I'm not sure what you're comparing to, but I'm guessing its not a well-sorted Miata, Porsche, or the like.
    I cant compare a miata vs a muscle car apples vs oranges. In my mind as i used to own f-bodies in the past theses are much better in how the weight feels.

lol wut?
    exactly

I cant compare a miata vs a muscle car apples vs oranges.
    why not the internets is made for pointless arguments and killin the english language and wutnot

lol wut?
    exactly
    I didn't understand a single word of the top post. I figured I'd ask for clarification in a way you might be able to understand.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

you mean the normal gt will have 500 hp? or the corvette base
    The first "half year" GT cars will come with the hp that the 2014 GT has. Then the true 2015 GT is suppose to up the power to 500. They are doing a half year car so they can say it came out during the 50th anni of the mustang.

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M

Engine Builder

I didn't understand a single word of the top post. I figured I'd ask for clarification in a way you might be able to understand.
    I'm saying I believe the mustang gt will be a good car. With the 5.0 and camaro ss they dont feel actually too fat with the amount of power they have, but keep in mind I didnt mention I was comparing them to the older mustang and mainly f-body ones. The 6 cylinder should be removed due to the fact the turbo 4 banger is the equal in horsepower but has 20 more feet pounds of torque with supposedly better mpg but going to be 30+. So whats the point of the 6 cylinder? I wish they had put a turbo on the 5.0 is all I meant on the turbo part. Also with the new mustang gt its benchmark was for the base gt to match the boss 302.

Sorry for my poor English skills lol. Not my first language nor was I fully awake yet at 2 in the afternoon.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast