Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Sunbelt Tour

Default 2014 Sunbelt Tour

For Xmas, make sure you ask for permission to enter the 2014 Sunbelt Natl Tour in College Station. We need 200 entries so bring a friend, buy a codrive or sell your soul! I have already handled the "lunch on site" issue by contracting Chef Cao's Lunch Truck for BOTH days. Paddock and course location will be similar to 2011 and the course will be designed by Vivek Goel(potential 2014 natl course designer). Tour tshirts will be available this year on a preorder basis. Watch for it around February!

We want you here in 2014! What will it take?

Turbotoddie
    Todd Farris
    Tour Chairman

Leilane and I plan to be there.

March 29th-30th

I plan on being there.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

Yep!

Only 25 days until this event!

In 22 days online registration closes. After March 24 , 2014, 12pm CDT all entries must be faxed or emailed to the National office. At that point, the registration fee zips to $138.00!

This might seem like a long time but the SCCA National Office wants to see entries up far before these dates. If you want these National Solo events to keep returning to the Texas area they MUST be attended well in 2014! PLEASE, don't wait until the last minute to register!!

Event information & registration link:

http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=7008
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

In other words get yourself registered! Great event, great site and if we don't make the numbers we might not get another one.... rant mode off.

Looking for passage to the site and back from Dallas. Anyone have room for a stow away?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Considering this is 20min from me, I think I'll be there
    Now Miata-less. '05 STR S2000.
    Texas A&M Grassroots and Formula SAE Driver

Heads Up, Autocrossers! The following is a note from our SCCA SOWDIV Solo Development Coordinator, Todd Farris:

Attention Texas Auto-Xers!

For those of you looking for more seat time, check out the SCCA Texas National Tour March28-30 in College Station! Two days of fun in the sun, the best concrete autox site in the state and 200 of your closest friends and toughest competition! As well, Saturday night will be a great time with BBQ and stories for all! We have a new Saturday night party spot that is bigger, better and easy to find!! Course designer, Vivek Goel (2014 Solo Nationals course designer) will do his best to challenge your skills! Courses are estimated to be around 60 seconds and covering a mile in length.

Curious about the site? Check out this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkMq_KKGR3M

C'mon out Texas Autocrossers! Show everyone why Texas Region SCCA Solo was awarded the 2013Region Cup for the 2
    nd
    year in a row and share some great times!!

Event information:
    http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=7008

Todd Farris
    2014 Texas National Tour Chair
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

I'm going to have an open seat for this event. PM me if interested!
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

I was thinking about taking the 2011 M3 but I could not get the right size wheels in time for the event. I looked at BSP but there are no entries.
    M3 is always the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I was thinking about taking the 2011 M3 but I could not get the right size wheels in time for the event. I looked at BSP but there are no entries.
    You could try SM or SSM possibly?
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

Anyone on the East-side of the Metromess going to be trailering down to the Tour and have some extra room to transport some tires on the return trip? I'm buying some tires from another attendee who can deliver them, but I won't be able to fit them in the mini to bring them home. I'm willing to kick-in some gas money if you can bring them back to Dallas and let me come grab them with my truck once we are back. TIA
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Check with neff

Thx, will do.
    Polished Turd Racing

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Anyone on the East-side of the Metromess going to be trailering down to the Tour and have some extra room to transport some tires on the return trip? I'm buying some tires from another attendee who can deliver them, but I won't be able to fit them in the mini to bring them home. I'm willing to kick-in some gas money if you can bring them back to Dallas and let me come grab them with my truck once we are back. TIA
    I can probably transport them, or at least a couple. We are winding down on the thrash to get ready, the car should get back on the ground tonight, so it's looking pretty good.

OK, thx. Might only be two, but I'll let you know.
    Polished Turd Racing

For those who didn't attend, YOU MISSED OUT!!! With the combination of huge courses and awesome surfaces, I think this was the most fun I've had at a non-Lincoln event. Speeds were very high and the course had fantastic flow, yet had parts that were visually challenging.

Last edited by BMcCann; 03-30-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Brad McCann
    GS Genesis Coupe
    Korean Camaro Racing

[QUOTE=BMcCann;299451]For those who didn't attend, YOU MISSED OUT!!! With the combination of huge courses and awesome surfaces, I think this was the most fun I've had at a non-Lincoln event. Speeds were very high and the course had fantastic flow, yet had parts that were visually challenging.

Courses looked fun. Nice driving and congrats on the win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast