Thread: SCCA ITEZ in Texas

Default SCCA ITEZ in Texas

I see on other boards (lemons) the New England SCCA group is opening up a class for lemons and chump cars calling it ITEZ. Basically a non-competitive class for crap can guys to come into the SCCA fold. I checked the SCCA Texas site but did not see any info there. Has anyone heard any rumblings for this in our fair state?

cropped from other site

>>>>>>>>>
    NER Club Racing is adding a new class for regional racing in 2014.
    2014 New England Region Rules
    Improved Touring - EZ
    The purpose of ITEZ is to create a regional class where cars built for ChumpCar or Lemons racing, or for cars that could be ITE legal but do not belong in the fast race group, to have a place to race on an SCCA Regional race weekend. As opposed to any other class of SCCA road racing, ITEZ competition is designed as a "fun run" class, without any promise of intent of performance equitability. ITEZ is designed to provide a way for drivers to earn an SCCA racing license and race in regional competition, with the absolute lowest cost vehicle. In no way will any waivers be considered or granted in areas regarding safety of vehicle or driver.
    ITEZ vehicles may race with prior accident damage, as long as that prior damage does not create a danger to the driver of that vehicle or fellow competitors.
    Non-functional additions to vehicles, whose primary purpose is to express creativity, theme, are allowed only if do not create a potential safety hazard to the driver or fellow competitors

ITEZ eligible vehicles
    Must be a "mass produced", gas or diesel powered, four wheel passenger car.
    Minimum weight of 1800 pounds and a maximum weight of 4000 pounds and a production-based engine.
    Tires must conform to applicable Improved Touring rules, i.e., must be DOT rated tires, and sizes must be consistent with allowable dimensions per the GCR. 190 wear-dated tires are not mandated, but they may be used if the racer prefers.
    Preparation regarding brakes, suspension, and engine must meet either Chumpcar rules or SCCA Improved Touring rules
    <<<<<<<<<
    95 r white

Chump cars are welcome at most clubs, but tend to just run in the closest appropriate class since there are rarely more than one of them at an event. Most clubs would happily give them a separate class if requested. The biggest issue with cars like this is they are often "mechanically deficient" (crap cans) and they break and/or leak frequently. This presents a much bigger problem in autox than it does at a crapcan race. Basically, don't bring your lemons car to an autox as a "shakedown" unless you want to piss off a lot of people. If you're confident you have a sorted car, you'll be welcome at pretty much all the clubs.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Driver

The worst is when you get a crap can in your HPDE/TT run group and it's a) slower than hell [aka moving speed bump] and b) leaking fluids from every place possible.

Agree on all points. Changing things on an established car and if completed would may interested in anything we can participate without being a problem to help sort it and ourselves out. I mean, its a bug, so its potential has limitations, but again, we dont want to be a chicane.
    95 r white

Quote Originally Posted by goofygrin View Post
    ... a) slower than hell [aka moving speed bump] and b) leaking fluids from every place possible.
    Sounds like OZMDD's tranny hooker friend that's no longer with us.