M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Michelin Pilot Super Sport if they make it in your size. Great DD tire
    Smallest PSS sizes are 205/45-17
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I don't recall Iain thinking much of them on his RX-8... may be my faulty memory, though, as I have enough trouble keeping track of my own tires. All I know is they're the only tire for which I've ever had had to avail myself of a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I've been happy with the V12s for a DD tire. They are surprisingly durable considering the abuse I heap on them. I just wouldn't want to try AutoXing on them. Is just me or do they feel greasy in the dry and don't squeal or give any sign of impending break away?

I love Michelin's I just hate Michelin prices.....
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

Quote Originally Posted by bgeorge View Post
    I ran these tires on my S2000 (back in the day) and never had noise issues. They were good tires for road use.
    Lol... an S2000 is a far from quiet street car, even bone stock. Probably never heard any tire noise because it was drowned out by the wind noise.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    Have you auto crossed on v12's, or just speculating?
    I ran a time trial out at MW and a couple of track days at MSR on mine prior to getting dedicated track/autox tires for my S2000. I found them to be significantly slower than RS-3s in every regard.

Quote Originally Posted by effse7en View Post
    I drove a 370Z with Yokohama S-drives on it the other day at work. Those tires made SO MUCH NOISE it was ridiculous. I tried to convince the managers to buy new tires even though they were basically brand new. So bad...
    Did you have experience in the same car with other tires to compare against? I've read several magazine reviews of the 370Z that complained about road (tire) noise in these cars. I've never personally driven one, so YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser View Post
    I don't recall Iain thinking much of them on his RX-8... may be my faulty memory, though, as I have enough trouble keeping track of my own tires. All I know is they're the only tire for which I've ever had had to avail myself of a 30 day satisfaction guarantee.
    I had a set on my RX-8, and another set on my S2000. I bought the set for the S2000 because that's what was on it when I bought it, and the fronts and rears wore out at different times (stupid staggered wheels).

Here's my take on V12s:

Pros: They are cheap, round, black and somewhat decent in the rain.
    Cons: Ride quality is mediocre when newish, and not very good at all when worn (<4/32nds).

They did what I expected them to do, and they lasted a decent while. For the price I thought they were pretty good, but I wouldn't confuse them with a dual use performance/daily driver tire.

I have Sumitomo HTRZ-IIIs on the S2000 for streeet tires right now. Cheap, round, black, pretty good in the rain, and somewhat better ride quality than the V12s. No idea how they compare to an RS-3/Rival, and I have no intention to find out. These are strictly commuter tires for me.
    Last edited by altiain; 01-11-2014 at 02:10 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

Have them on the ctsv and 930 (those are ozmdd sloppy seconds). Had them on my m5 and evo.

Autox tire? No. Good for the price and good in the rain? Absolutely. I'll put them in the V again if I still own it when it needs is next set.

I also have the Sumi HTR-Z III's on my xD. They are MUCH better than the Dunlop DZ101's it had before. Better ride, better in the wet, better handling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12