Thread: Ms3 tuning

Suspension Modder

Default Ms3 tuning

Hi. I am thinking about picking up ms3 from mslab. It is pnp for vvt. Before i bite the bullet, i just wana know if there is any shop can tune ms3 in this area? Just in case i mess it up lol. Thanks

I've been thinking of doing this also. I've got an '01 with VVT.

Plenty of MS tuners around DFW. Let me know if someone decides to get a few cars together to tune. We can hire a tuner for a day and some dyno time, do 2-4 cars and split the cost.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Depending on what my tax refund looks like, I may get a megasquirt as well. We'll see...

Suspension Modder

I just email mslab. He said it takes a month or 2 for me to receive the item. The installation for ms3 is verry easy;however, I need to install wideband. Is it hard to install one?

Wideband is easy, it's tricky I guess figuring out wich power source to tap into but that's it. Took me less than an hour from start to crankup for ms3x/wideband/MAF delete and I was a complete noob to any sort of engine management.

Thats the easy part. The hard part (is if your car talks to your laptop and starts) getting the million & a half settings to calm your idle, enrichment, randomly dying at stoplights figured out. Then you get to worry about pesky things like AC, fuel cut out at random RPMs and paying someone to make power.

Lol this is where I am. I keep debating if I want to just say to hell with it and pay someone to make it better, or do I stick through the massive learning curve and learn stuff. I'm leaning on the latter since I bought this mainly to learn, i'd hate it if I had a smooth MS3x that I knew nothing about.

So if this happens in a few months after I get my reliability hiccups sorted out i'll definitely be down for a power tune on a dyno. Engine is very strong where it is but i'd hate to be leaving a bunch of potential gains.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Suspension Modder

Thats what i want to too. I want to learn about ecu before i go FI. I dont want to blow my engine because the lack of knowledge. I have been reading about ms, but the more i read, the more I get confused. Hopefully, it will start making sense when i actually have ms on my car

No you will be more confused than ever. Studying for my differential equations final I was more worried about htf I was going to figure the damn thing out and get my car running, lol.

Its not bad once you get it running. The learning curve is very steep though. Helps if you have time which I have none at all. That's why I'm in way over my head.

Grab this book if you haven't already. Gives you a good overview of how each part of an efi system works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1557885575
    Last edited by Jiggerachi; 01-22-2014 at 09:10 PM.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution