Thread: Any long term or high mileage technical issues with NC's, particularly PRHT?

Default Any long term or high mileage technical issues with NC's, particularly PRHT?

Just picked up an NC PRHT with about 150K miles. I have not read where anyone is in the 200K+ miles club so I was wondering if anyone has pushed theirs to the limit mileage-wise and what to pay attention to. I read that the timing belt has turned to chain but the engine is now interference so that is a little concerning. I had no issues changing timing belts on my NA or NB's. Just looking for wisdom.
    Currently Miata-less... 2007 Brilliant Black NC PRHT, to replace 2006 Winning Blue NC, to replace 2002 SE, to replace 1993 LE #1322 and so on and so on...

Driver

Did you buy the cheap one that was on Craigslist a couple days ago? That seemed like a great deal.

The only significant issue was on 2007's primarily, where the crank or cam sprockets would slip. They are keyless, and designed to give rather than break. At 150k, I'd be less concerned than on a lower mile motor. Most folks who've had the issue were racing/autox at high rpm's, but some were just street driven. Factory thermostats were also a known problem, but fairly minor unless they fail closed. Again, with your mileage, prob been resolved. I was on my way to by that car, you NC hoarder. :)
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
    Currently Miata-less... 2007 Brilliant Black NC PRHT, to replace 2006 Winning Blue NC, to replace 2002 SE, to replace 1993 LE #1322 and so on and so on...

There is a funny story on this. I was actually the third person scheduled to look at the car. The owner informed me the other two had cancelled and of course I did not miss. Unbeknownst to me, one of the two that canceled was my son...

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

Look up how to adjust the top latch. It will loosen and cause an annoying sound.