Thread: Toyota Rant

Default Toyota Rant

What is it with Toyota drivers? Specifically Toyota Camry drivers. They have to be the SLOWEST drivers out there. Do Camry's just appeal to timid drivers? I was behind a lady in a Camry the other day doing 40mph on the Woodall Rogers / 35E South interchange as cars are wizzing past at 60-70 mph. I finally pass her and she has her face five inches from the steering wheel, white knuckling it with a terrified face. She shouldn't be on the road if she is that nervous/blind whatever.... It just seems like Toyota drivers are always dragging ass on the roads around here. Anyone else notice this?

While I'm at it, lets pick on another stereo-typical slow driver. People with disabled plates. Granted some of them are senior drivers but I've seen plenty of slow drivers that were not old but still slow.

***RANT OVER***
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Contributing factor, recent Camry's did have speedometers that were very optimistic (like more than 5%)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Prius drivers are worser.

Its them orientals I tells ya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Hyper-mile Prius drivers are worser.
    Even more so...
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Chassis Designer

I think most people that buy Toyotas are cheap and going too fast will make their mileage go up fast which may cause them a heart attack. They drive slow, save money on gas, mileage doesn't go up as fast, value of the car won't depreciate fast and less maintenance in the long run!

I don't know...I've just been focusing lately on teaching people how to use blinkers.
    I think big part of the reason is that people sit too close to steering wheel and can't see their speed limit or rear view mirror.

Camry drivers belongs to two main groups, ether too slow or absolutely don't care! I have seen many of Camry drivers cutting in and out of traffic w/o even watching the mirror to see what is next to them! I call them "offensive driving".
    Gabriel

I give old drivers a lot of slack, stupid drivers not so much. I'll be old one day too, but I have no plans to be stupid.

The Prius drivers I usually see are flying past me. I laugh, thinking wow I bet my 97 Civic is getting better gas mileage right now.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

CRV's are my kryptonite. i seriously stay far away
    95 r white