Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Autocross 5-15-05 - TMS infield road course

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    BTW, I noticed that Tailchaser isn't registered...
    At ER last week he said he wasn't playing. He may come out and take some pictures.

Whoa...I thought this race was this weekend, & I couldnt make it. I just now noticed it is next weekend

I guess ill be there, if nothing comes up.

Edit: We need one of these
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    Whoa...I thought this race was this weekend, & I couldnt make it. I just now noticed it is next weekend

I guess ill be there, if nothing comes up.
    Was the date in the title of the thread just not enough information for ya?

I guess not, hehe...
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    At ER last week he said he wasn't playing. He may come out and take some pictures.
    TC may change his mind... There's still time, and he's fickle bastard...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    TC may change his mind... There's still time, and he's fickle bastard...
    TC is referring to himself in the third person... this is bothering 3Bean.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Really? It doesn't bother Titus.

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    Kestrel can deal with it too, but then he's an incredibly intelligent, low-key, easy-going kind of guy.

And modest too!
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    Kestrel can deal with it too, but then he's an incredibly intelligent, low-key, easy-going kind of guy. And modest too!
    sammm says 2 outta 4 ain't bad!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    sammm says 2 outta 4 ain't bad!
    2??? I only counted one
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

DAMMIT!! I registered & am not showing up on the entry list...agian. This is getting old. Im going to email the guys in the morning, though they never responded last time so I doubt they will this time. Oh well...

Phil Adams mentioned there had been a problem with DLB's website today. Hopefully the problem if fixed by now. Let me know if it isn't...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Nope still nothing. Thanks for looking into it for me.

I'm in. I'm wondering though.... I signed up for TSM2, and I'm all by myself, I've noticed when I go TSM2 at ER I get lumped with all Tire class cars, but with an awfull handicap, is that going to happen here too? Would I be better off staying in SM2 rather than TSM2?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

You'll get lumped. Don't worry.

I haven't decided whether you'll need to beat me or not, though. Pretty tough competition in SM2 when they show up, so T is probably the way to go.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    I'm in. I'm wondering though.... I signed up for TSM2, and I'm all by myself, I've noticed when I go TSM2 at ER I get lumped with all Tire class cars, but with an awfull handicap, is that going to happen here too? Would I be better off staying in SM2 rather than TSM2?
    Duane, when you sign up for TSM2, what you're actually signing up for is "Tire Class - SM2 PAX index", both at Texas Region SCCA and ER events.

In other words, there is only one tire class. However, any car on street tires is allowed into the class, so in order to make the competition a little more fair, your times are PAXed and then compared to the other Tire class entrants. There is no TSM2 class per se - it's just describing what index your times will get in the "Street Tires" class.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser
    You'll get lumped. Don't worry.

I haven't decided whether you'll need to beat me or not, though. Pretty tough competition in SM2 when they show up, so T is probably the way to go.
    The key being "when they show up." BTW I don't expect to catch you, let alone beat you. Odd thing is during a fun run last year I had a great run that put me close to your time. It was either a fluke, or I mis-read my time, cause I've not been in the running since.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    The key being "when they show up." BTW I don't expect to catch you, let alone beat you. Odd thing is during a fun run last year I had a great run that put me close to your time. It was either a fluke, or I mis-read my time, cause I've not been in the running since.

I agree, SM2 is a flaky bunch. I think they spend most of their time working on the cars than driving them. For this event, Looks like the SM2 class is heavy with RX7's and MR2's... Seems the MR2 is making some sort of comeback into SCCA. Last year, I didn't see many of them.

-B

Put some race tires on that Frankencar of yours ( ) and it ought to be pretty damn fast around TMS. I'm still impressed by how fast you & Nathan managed to go at the last PCA event, especially on street tires.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast