Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SCCA Autocross 5-15-05 - TMS infield road course

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Put some race tires on that Frankencar of yours
    Done! Escta 700's... I gotta get the car dialed in with the tires, it drives like a totally different beast..

Yesterday's BMW event... My fastest raw time was 106.876 (+1) Gabby was on hoosiers... For reference, I ran a 92.0 raw time against gabby's 88.3(?) at the porsche club. I figure they are worth 4 seconds once I get the car dialed in again.

1m g 195 Hanchey 1997 BMW M3 M3 106.295 0.000 0.000
    2m z 12 Johnson 2003 Mitsubishi VIII 106.433 0.138 0.138
    3m f 5 Mujica 1997 BMW M3 Black 107.342 0.909 1.047
    4m g 61 Yujuico 1998 BMW M3/4 107.439 0.097 1.144
    5m y 90 Bedell 2000 Toyota 2 Silver 107.876 0.437 1.581
    6m z 74 Garner 2005 Subaru WRX e 108.132 0.256 1.837
    Last edited by overboostvr4; 05-09-2005 at 08:11 AM.

I figured out why its not registering me. Stupid paypal is holding all my transaction for A WEEK before clearing them. Does paypal do this to anyone else?? Hopefully itll clear before registration closes...grrr
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    I figured out why its not registering me. Stupid paypal is holding all my transaction for A WEEK before clearing them. Does paypal do this to anyone else?? Hopefully itll clear before registration closes...grrr
    If you have the money already in your PayPal account, no... If you have to do a transfer of funds from your checking account (paying by e-check) then yes...

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

It has ever dont this untill recently though, maybee its a new procedure or something.

Thing is, I just paid for my shocks, $300, & it went through instantly, everything else is still pending from last week...wierd.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

So where is a good place to meet for breakfast? Any mcdonalds around that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    So where is a good place to meet for breakfast? Any mcdonalds around that way?
    There's a big gas station/McD's on 114 on the East side of I-35W.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    There's a big gas station/McD's on 114 on the East side of I-35W.

RJ
    Yep, there's a Mcd's in the truck stop on the SE corner of I-35 and HWY 170 It's just south of the giant Cabella's they're building.. can't miss it..

It's about a few 100 yards from my house
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

DOH!

BTW, if anyone wants to come out Sat. evening after 4 and help set-up, or just hang out, you are welcome. I will be working for Texas Driving Experience till 4PM or so, and we should be off the track at that time according to TDE guy, Don Barnes. I am signing the contracts with Packenbush Wed. at 2PM, and make sure we will be allowed to set up Sat. evening...it's never been a problem in the past...
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

Woohoo, paypal finally released their iron grip on all my transactions & they registered me. I guess ill be getting my ass kicked personally by TC this time, hehe.

I really like competing in SM2.
    The PAX index is certainly considerable, but you get to have some fun with car modifications. The PAX index doesn't really bother me, and I think most of the people in SM2 feel that they wouldn't be competitive in a Stock class anyway. Hell, some of the C Stock guys will often post faster raw times anyhow.
    Unfortunately, there tends to be only a few people competing in SM2. In addition, I have yet to see a car competing locally that has been prepared anywhere near to the extent of what SM2 allows. Sometimes you get lucky, and can compete against an interesting variety of cars.
    SM2 might appeal to someone who is more interested in raw times over indexed times. Or someone who wants to make the car as fast as possible, in spite of their driving ability.
    I personally like to spend a little cash every now and then on some part that will theoretically make my MR2 a little bit faster without having to worry much about complying with CS or CSP regulations. I hope that one day my car will be prepared to an extent somewhat worthy of the class. Until then, I thought it would be best for me to get the most out of it as is.

Hope to see some of you guys on Sunday. It'll be my first time to do the road course.

^Just try not to spin out...thats what im worrying about, having to vaccum all the dirt out of my car, while pulling to one side on the way home. Oh well, ill be jacking with my suspension & needing an alignment soon anyway.

^Just try not to spin out...thats what im worrying about, having to vaccum all the dirt out of my car, while pulling to one side on the way home.

You could always run with the top and windows up if you're afraid of getting the interior dirty...
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Hey I noticed Ataim is signed up for this event! He has been rather quite lately.

What time are we meeting at the McD's??

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    What time are we meeting at the McD's??
    7:30? (We're all pre-registered and work assignments are already given.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteMR2
    I really like competing in SM2.
    The PAX index is certainly considerable, but you get to have some fun with car modifications. The PAX index doesn't really bother me, and I think most of the people in SM2 feel that they wouldn't be competitive in a Stock class anyway. Hell, some of the C Stock guys will often post faster raw times anyhow.
    Unfortunately, there tends to be only a few people competing in SM2. In addition, I have yet to see a car competing locally that has been prepared anywhere near to the extent of what SM2 allows. Sometimes you get lucky, and can compete against an interesting variety of cars.
    SM2 might appeal to someone who is more interested in raw times over indexed times. Or someone who wants to make the car as fast as possible, in spite of their driving ability.
    I personally like to spend a little cash every now and then on some part that will theoretically make my MR2 a little bit faster without having to worry much about complying with CS or CSP regulations. I hope that one day my car will be prepared to an extent somewhat worthy of the class. Until then, I thought it would be best for me to get the most out of it as is.

Hope to see some of you guys on Sunday. It'll be my first time to do the road course.

SM2 seem pretty cool... I ran with Mr Mr2 at the last event and we had a nice group back in the 3rd heat just hanging out comparing... None of us are remotely "compeditive" in the class, but who cares.. We're still havin fun, and I don't have to worry so much if the next thing I buys is "allowed" or not... It my car :)

I'll be out there Sunday as well.. The road course is a ton of fun... Just not quite as "friendly" as a big parkinglot if you make some seriously big mistakes...
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    7:30? (We're all pre-registered and work assignments are already given.)

yes, but will we still have to stand in a 45 minute line to find out what our assignment is??

I'll meet you guys at McD's... breakfast is good
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain

You could always run with the top and windows up if you're afraid of getting the interior dirty...
    Have you seen my seats man?

Ive never put it in the dirt at 40+ before, so I am a little worried about screwing something up, but oh well...

Ive never put it in the dirt at 40+ before, so I am a little worried about screwing something up, but oh well...
    Try doing it on big bend at MSR at closer to 60...

Yeah, it makes a BIG mess! TMS shouldn't be nearly as bad....
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!

Step 1: Don't worry about screwing something up. You will do what you think.
    Step 2: Don't look at anything but the course. You will go where you look.
    Step 3: If everything goes to ****, push in the clutch and hit the brakes.

I had this discussion with a few people at one of the last events. After taking the Evolution Phase II course, I've concentrated on making all my "do this, don't do that" decisions while running the course in my head. When I'm driving, I try to have a mental picture of where I need to look, and my only job is to make sure I'm looking there while the car is in motion. Hands, feet (and a little pucker) do their jobs and generally put the car there.

I drove the course that put the Camaro in the Armco in my VW and a borrowed MSM after it was set up on Saturday. I never "saw" anything but asphalt and cones.

If the course is similar to the last ones, you'll only get in the weeds if you violate steps 1, 2 and 3 all at once. The cars in the dirt in the past have all gone in at full throttle. Never save spins in autocross. Straighten out drifts to your heart's content as long as you're still following step 2, but when you know you're going off course or coming all the way around, it's time to invoke step 3.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast