Thread: Cars and Coffee

Suspension Modder ComputerBudda's Avatar

Default Cars and Coffee

Went to my first Cars and Coffee show at BMW today. Actually, I drove through it because the lots were full. Lots of great cars although I didn't see any Miata's. I was told that today, the lots were full by 6:30. Other than Kellers, is there a meeting place for Miata owners?
    2013 Dark Gray Lexus RX-350 (wife's)
    2010 Black Hyundai Genesis
    2000 Red Miata

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerBudda View Post
    Other than Kellers, is there a meeting place for Miata owners?
    On any given weekend lots of Miatas at Track Events and Autocrosses. This group tends to "go" more than "show".

This crowd will gather without much prodding. Just pick a spot and a time, then put the word out on the forums. If its a fun idea, people will show up. You might also enjoy the road rally crowd. Lots of miatas and a very sociable group. They do fun driving events that are sort of a map based scavenger hunt/race. Search for SCCA Rally Texas Region.

Welcome.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

I was at C&C too (Vivid '02). I got there at 7:25 from SW Ft Worth and figured I'd have to park on the fringe. Nope. I had to park on the south side of the dealer property, as did a bunch of cars that were way cooler than mine. That event has almost gotten too big. Don't get me wrong - it's great to see a 300SL next to a Nash Healey next to an Aventador. I really enjoy the eclectic nature of the show, but it's a haul to get there in time.

Fort Worth's Cars and Coffee will be next weekend at Montgomery Plaza, btw. They do the second Saturday of the month.

Lots of great cars although I didn't see any Miata's. I was told that today, the lots were full by 6:30. Other than Kellers, is there a meeting place for Miata owners?
    I was out there! lol. From what I've seen, I'm pretty much the only consistent Miata owner that goes, and I used to have a Speed protege, Other than me, there is one girl who has a red NC that comes when she can, and one guy who has a blue NA, but usually brings his white Speed6.

Most of the Mazdas that go are the DFWMazda people, which is almost all speed3's a few speed6's, and one or two Triangle powered Vehicles.

Fort Worth's Cars and Coffee will be next weekend at Montgomery Plaza, btw. They do the second Saturday of the month.
    I'd be willing to meet up and cruise out there, Assuming that theatre doesn't get in the way.
    White 1990 NA
    Former owner of Mazdaspeed Protege 274

Quote Originally Posted by cwisenheimer View Post
    That event has almost gotten too big.
    Almost too big? It IS too big. I've been a few times, but it's been a while. I saw the same handful of cool cars every time (300SL, Veyron, Alfa 8C, blah blah blah). The highlight for me was watching the douchers trying to do burnouts on the DNT access road on their way out, and failing miserably - we saw a Pontiac Solstice almost eat the wall once lol. The cops took all the fun out of that. The last time I went, I had to park out in the back 40 and hike in to see the same shit I saw the time before. Between that and the fact that I'd have to be out of the house by friggin dark-thirty, I don't see myself going again.

[/end Old Man Rant]
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Almost too big? It IS too big. I've been a few times, but it's been a while. I saw the same handful of cool cars every time (300SL, Veyron, Alfa 8C, blah blah blah). The highlight for me was watching the douchers trying to do burnouts on the DNT access road on their way out, and failing miserably - we saw a Pontiac Solstice almost eat the wall once lol. The cops took all the fun out of that. The last time I went, I had to park out in the back 40 and hike in to see the same shit I saw the time before. Between that and the fact that I'd have to be out of the house by friggin dark-thirty, I don't see myself going again.

[/end Old Man Rant]
    Yeah, the people I usually go with ask the same question every now and then. But I enjoy the people that I go with. However, I haven't been to the Cowtown one. Would anyone be down to go to that one this saturday?
    White 1990 NA
    Former owner of Mazdaspeed Protege 274