Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bye Bye Buick.....

Got a mailer with some nice offers from GM today to keep me in the GM family so we are going to go look at the Regal.

FYI - The "GS" does not stand for "Great Savings" it starts at $37,830!!

Oh yea I agree Autonation sucks! But without them I would have never got the Verano. We were trying to Lease a Cruze LTZ and all they wanted to play games. I got pissed said some discouraging words to the sales manager and left the dealership.

When I looked online saw the Verano was a cousin of the Cruize with more bling so I Leased the Verano the next day from Freeeman Buick. Clown at Autonation begged me to come back to discuss our difference so I drove over in my Verano and 'splained to him where he went wrong. I also called Chevrolet and bitched. Not that it did any good but it sure did make me feel better.

Don't forget to check truecar.com for what people actually pay. You can even have dealers bid for your business. TCB approved.
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I stopped and checked-out a Regal yesterday when I was passing by a dealer. It is a very nice car, from a comfort and convenience standpoint. Better than the Verano in every way, especially power and the back seat. If you can get a deal that you like, knowing that you were happy with Vern, I don't see how you go wrong. I still like the Mazda and Subie a lot, but the Regal turbo seems like a good fit for an old empty-nest couple.
    Polished Turd Racing

Mick wrote: "I think Jerrett is the best autocrosser I have ever seen naked."

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    seems like a good fit for an old empty-nest couple.
    Damn kids........

We went and drove a Regal on Wednesday it is a nice car. Dealer wanted to play games and were surprised when we weren't in the mood. Offered us $429.00 a month on a 39 month lease. What a deal! Side note this is the same dealer that leased us "Vern".

I've temporarily lost interest in the game, that and my day job doesn't give me enough free time to get jerked around by the local car dealers. And for that I apologize DFW car Dealers!

We may go and drive a couple of the other candidates on the short list this weekend. Then again we may not.

Probably not on your list, but did you know that right now you can lease a Lancer Evolution GSR for 24 months for $289/month? That's a stupid good deal for one of the most entertaining 4-door cars on the market.

With nothing but a rear sway bar it would make a damn good B Street car...
    Last edited by altiain; 05-15-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Probably not on your list, but did you know that right now you can lease a Lancer Evolution GSR for 24 months for $289/month? That's a stupid good deal for one of the most entertaining 4-door cars on the market.

With nothing but a rear sway bar it would make a damn good B Street car...
    That's with $3,588 down plus another $2500 or so for TTL...
    SOLD - '91 BRG
    SOLD -'99 Signal Green
    Looking for my next car...

I guess that's why I hate leases. I forgot in Texas you have the privilege of paying tax on the negotiated price of the car instead of on the lease segment only.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Reading the fine print on a lease offer is always a good idea.

Still no replacement for "Vern" and as busy as I have been this month I got a feeling "Vern" will be going back without a replacement in the ready. Its all good the Kid is Graduating from high school end of the month and the World Headquarters is keeping me busy!

No equity in the Buick?
    Polished Turd Racing

Check the lease buy-out versus the value. I made money on my Acura instead of turning it in. I sold it a month before the lease ended.

Quote Originally Posted by OZMDD View Post
    No equity in the Buick?
    Nope the big headed kids that do the residual math got it down on "Vern".

All offers for it are less than the residual so Ally gets it back. I knew going in that any chances of any equity were going to be slim to none. But the ultra low lease payments due to a unrealistic residual made it worth playing.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I have some friends looking for someone to assume the lease on a G37 sedan. 2011 or 12 I think. Let me know if you want details.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I have some friends looking for someone to assume the lease on a G37 sedan. 2011 or 12 I think. Let me know if you want details.
    Fancy. KK will like driving that.

Question gave the Buick back to the dealer and what to fill out the online form stating it isn't in my control anymore and all I'm finding is this - https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx

Is that the correct form???

BTW. We went with the Toyota Corolla on a TCB 2 year lease should be perfect for us as we transition into paying college tuition.

Last edited by POS Racing; 06-01-2014 at 09:21 AM.

I will admit the Corolla is a good reliable and indestructible car. Toyota does an excellent job and doesn't gouge you for extra money like Honda. It's a great logical and smart decision. For me cars are all about emotion and speed though, so I never make decisions like this.
    AnthonyS
    former owner of 4 NA Miatas
    94 Laguna Blue awaiting Ford 5.0 transplant
    Also have a 91 ZR-1 and 00 996 (911).

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Question gave the Buick back to the dealer and what to fill out the online form stating it isn't in my control anymore and all I'm finding is this - https://vision21.txdmv.gov/Vehicle/VehicleLookup.aspx

Is that the correct form???

BTW. We went with the Toyota Corolla on a TCB 2 year lease should be perfect for us as we transition into paying college tuition.

Ronald McDonald House
    Polished Turd Racing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123